Word From The Woods
Bishop Woods School Newsletter - 4.18.21
Greetings Bishop Woods Families,
I hope everyone had a wonderful April break! We are excited to welcome everyone back to school tomorrow! I hope you are rejuvenated and ready to enter the final stretch of the school year.
Please click on the Padlet link below to see pictures of our students engaged in Virtual Field Day on 4/7! Thanks to all that participated! Special thanks to our specials teachers for leading this event!
All money for our Mother's Day Flower Sale is due TOMORROW, Monday, 4/19. We are hoping you can support this fundraising effort. Please see all details below.
This Friday is our April PBIS Spirit Day! Please dress your child in pastel colors to show their school spirit!
The first week in May is Teacher Appreciation Week! We need your help celebrating our staff that has worked so hard over the past year. Please see details regarding out Teacher Appreciation Flipgrid below. I would love for all families to contribute to this effort. The deadline for submissions is Friday April 30th.
Lastly, I have included a number of flyers at the bottom of this newsletter for spring events that are being hosted by the New Haven Youth & Recreation Department. Please be sure to check these out!
Looking forward to a wonderful week ahead,
Sunday, 4/18 - Shaquann C. (Grade K)
Monday, 4/19 - Samuel A. (Grade K), Aaliyah B. (Grade K), Joshua P. (Grade 7), Alexia S. (Grade 3)
Tuesday, 4/20 - Sasha G. (Grade 4)
Wednesday, 4/21 - Mrs. Hampton (Kindergarten Teacher)
Saturday, 4/24 - Jace M. (Grade 5)
Teacher Appreciation Flipgrid - We need your help!
Click on this link: https://flipgrid.com/f14331ed
Choose log in with Google. You may have to choose which account you want to use. Choose your @nhps.net account. (A personal account will not work...so you will most likely have to use your child's account)
Read the topic directions. Click the RED RECORD A RESPONSE BUTTON to record.
See below for specific directions for recording. (Make sure you continue all the way to the submit video section.)
Recording a Video
Once in a Grid, YOU click the RED RECORD A RESPONSE BUTTON to record in three easy steps:
1. Tap to record - Tap the record button on the bottom to start. Add fun stickers, filters, text, and more. Tap the arrow on the bottom right to advance.
2. Review your video - Trim, rearrange, or add more. Tap the arrow in the bottom right to advance.
3. Take a selfie - The selfie will be the cover image for your video. Tap the arrow in the bottom right to advance.
4. Submit your video - Edit your name, add a title, or attach a link. Then submit!
PBIS Spirit Day is THIS Friday!
Attention Grade 8 Students - Wilbur Cross Cheerleading Tryouts!
Mother's Day Plant Sale
If you would like to order and/or sell flowers to friends and family, please download the informational flyer pdf and share it on your social media. Then, print and use your own order form. All orders are due to Mrs. Giammattei by April 19th.
Spring School Pictures - Save the Dates!
Monday, May 24th: Grades K-2; Grades 6 & 7 - Cohort A
Thursday, May 27th: Grades 3-5; Grades 6 & 8 - Cohort B
We will only be taking individual photos this year.
You MUST pay by cash, money order or check. If you are paying with cash, you must have EXACT amount (no change will be issued)
All package information will be shared electronically for remote families; picture envelopes will be sent home with in person learners
Remote learners will receive scheduled times to come in to take pictures if they chose.
You can pay in advance online through the website: https://dp-customers.com/ Our TAG # is 53842
Family-School Relationship Survey!
We want to know: “What do you think?” Please fill out the online survey to tell us about your experience with Bishop Woods School– where are we doing a good job, and where can we do better? . Your feedback is valued and the results of the survey are used to improve the learning environment. The survey is voluntary and confidential. Your answers will be summarized with other parents’ surveys and you will remain completely anonymous. We strongly encourage you to take the survey online at the following link:
Support Autism Awareness
Save The Date...
Spring Opportunities from New Haven Youth & Recreation Department
Important Reminders for Parents of Hybrid Students
- Remember to charge your child's device EVERY evening and to send it to school the next day.
- Do not forget to pack your child a water bottle and supplies.
- We will be going outside daily (especially now that the snow has melted), so please be sure to dress your child appropriately.
- Please remember to pre-screen your child before sending him/her to school. If you need to give your child any kind of medicine due to how they are feeling in the morning, you must keep them home.
- Your child can log in as a remote learner if they are feeling well enough to join class, and will be marked remote present for the day.
- Please be sure to complete the Bishop Woods Student Absence Form if your child is not in school so that we have record of the reason, and whether or not our school nurse needs to reach out: https://forms.gle/6DZy4s7nWkxMHqc86
Gersch Grrrls Science You Tube Channel
Healthy & Safety Protocols
Student Absence Form: