What's Happening at Sparkman HS/S9
December 7-12, 2015
Tuesday, December 8
- SHS First Priority Meets 8 AM in Room 411(Carter)
- S9 Drama Club- meets every Tuesday at 7 AM. See Mrs. Glover for more info.
- S9GS Cheerleading practice, 3:30-5:30 in the S9 Gym every Tuesday
- Auditions for Spring Musical
- Sparkman Basketball @ Lee
- Photography Show- SHS Library
- JROTC Booster Meeting
Wednesday, December 9
- S9 SGA Meeting- 7:50 AM
- Photography Show- SHS Library
- Chemistry Club Christmas Party
- Call-backs for Spring Musical
- College and Scholarship Seminar
Thursday, December 10
- SHS SGA Meeting
- Sparkman Band's Winter Band Concert- 6:30 PM Gym 1
- Soccer Booster Meeting
- Sparkman Bowling vs Madison Co HS at Pin Palace 4:30 PM
- Sparkman Photography Show Open House- 5:30 PM SHS Library
Friday, December 11
- SHS Drama presents 'Little Town of Christmas' 7PM SHS Cafeteria- Admission $5
- Photography Show- SHS Library(Last Day!)
- GYMS ARE CLOSED until Monday for floor work
- Sparkman Basketball at Hazel Green
- Sparkman Bowling vs Huntsville at Pin Palace 4:30 PM
- Today is the deadline for S9 students to order yearbooks.
Saturday, December 12
- SHS Wrestling Varsity at Southside Classic, JV/MS at Athens Invitational
Art Supply Drive!
- December 14- SHS Basketball vs Buckhorn
- December 14- Sparkman Bowling vs Hazel Green at Pin Palace 4 PM
- December 15- SHS First Priority
- December 17- Sparkman Bowling vs Bob Jones at Madison Bowling 4 PM
- December 18- SHS Wrestling Barry Mask Invitational
- December 18- SHS Basketball vs Bob Jones
- December 19- SHS Wrestling at Reaper Invitational and Dual Tournament
- December 21- Jan 6- Christmas Break
- December 21- SHS Basketball at War Eagle Classic
- December 22- SHS Basketball at War Eagle Classic
- December 28- SHS Basketball at Huntsville Times Classic
- December 31- SHS Wrestling at Battlefield Duals
- January 1- Happy 2016!
- January 2-4- SHS Basketball at Grissom Tournament
- January 2- SHS Wrestling at Southern Scuffle
- January 4- Sparkman Bowling vs James Clemens at Madison Bowling 4 PM
- January 5- SHS Basketball vs Lee
- January 6- Students return to school
- January 7- Sparkman Bowling vs Columbia and Lee at Madison Bowling 5:30 PM
- January 8- SHS Wrestling at Hoover
- January 8- SHS Basketball at James Clemens
- January 9- SHS Wrestling at Hoover and Red Rumble
- January 10- LAST DAY TO ORDER SHS YEARBOOKS!
- January 11- Takedown Club Meeting
- January 12- SHS Wrestling at Bob Jones
- January 12- SHS Basketball at Buckhorn
- January 12- JROTC Booster Meeting
- January 14- Sparkman Bowling vs Skiline- TBA
- January 15- SHS Basketball vs Hazel Green
- January 15- SHS Wrestling at Homewood
- January 16- SHS Wrestling at Homewood and vs Grissom
- January 18- MLK Day- No School
- January 18- SHS Basketball at MLK Classic
- January 18- SHS Wrestling at Dick Clem Invitational
- January 18- Sparkman Bowling vs Randolph at Pin Palace 4:30 PM
- January 19- SHS First Priority
- January 19- SHS Basketball vs Gadsden City
- January 21-22- Sparkman Bowling- Regionals in Tuscaloosa
- January 22- SHS Basketball at Bob Jones
- January 23- SHS Wrestling at Thompson Invitational
- January 23- SHS Basketball vs McAdory at Wallace State
- January 26- SHS First Priority
- January 26- SHS Basketball vs Johnson
- January 28- SHS Basketball vs Jeff Davis
- January 30- SHS Wrestling Sparkman Invitational
- M & W – 3:00 -- 4:15 pm
- T & Th – 8:00 --8:25 am
Tutoring at S9- Tuesdays and Thursdays in Room 134
- 7:50 a.m. - 8:20 a.m.
- 3:20 p.m. - 3:50 p.m.
ACT and SAT Information
Booster and JROTC Events
- February 27, 2015 - Military Ball - VBC
- April 30, 2016 - SHS JROTC Hosts Drill Competition
Special Teams (Color Guard/Drill/Raider/Rifle) and all JROTC Cadets
- December 1-11, 2015: JROTC Angel Tree, SHS
- December 10, 2015: Color Guard/Nutcracker - Come enjoy the Nutcracker with the Color Guard at the VBC
- January 15-17, 2016: Rifle Team, Daleville, AL
- January 18, 2016: Martin Luther King Day Parade, Huntsville, AL
- January 23, 2016: State Drill Competition, Montgomery, AL (Note Date Change)
- April 2, 2016: Army Nationals - Drill Team, Kentucky
- April 14-17: Rifle Team, Camp Perry, OH
Dates of Upcoming Booster Club Meetings
- Tuesday, January 12, 2016 at 6:30 PM
- Tuesday, February 9, 2016 at 6:30 PM
- Tuesday, March 8, 2016 at 6:30 PM
- Tuesday, April 12, 2016 at 6:30 PM
- Tuesday, May 10, 2016 at 6:30 PM
For more information, go to www.sparkmanjrotc.org
- 1st Varsity tournament of the year: Varsity team went 20-19 overall.
- 1st JV Tournament of the year: JV went 16-8 overall. Had 4 wrestlers place in their weight divisions! Zach Cangelosi went undefeated! 4-0!
- Marcel White placed 4th on Saturday! He went 3-2 overall in the 175 lb division!
- Chris Leatherman placed 3rd in the 160 lb weight class in the Huntsville Invitational! Chris went 6-1 over the two days!
- Ben Speed placed 2nd in the 160 lb division on Friday. Ben went 3-1!
- Matt McGuigan went 3-1 in the 152 lb division on Friday. Matt placed 2nd!
- Stone Clark placed 3rd in the 145 lb division with a 3-1 record on Friday!
- Zach Cangelosi went 4-0 Friday to win 1st place in the Heavy Weight
PTO Leaders Wanted!
- Meet teachers, admins, students, and other parents. Get to know our Sparkman Family!
- Help plan PTO events at SHS and S9 such as receptions, lunches, meetings, etc.
- Help build communication and Sparkman Spirit in the schools and community.
- Learn about the daily workings of SHS, S9, and the Madison Co School System.
- Support our students and teachers.
2015-16 Past Issues of the SHS/S9 Newsletter
November 30- December 4, 2015- Current IssueAugust 3-8, 2015 Issue