40th President of the United States
Biography Before Becoming President
Reagan graduated from Dixon high school, where he was an athlete and students body president and performed in school plays. During summer vacations, he worked as a lifeguard in Dixon. Reagan After attended to Eureka College in Illinois, where he played football, ran track, was captain of the swim team, then served as student council president and acted in school productions. After graduating in 1932 he found work as a radio sports announcer in Iowa. In 1937 Warners Brothers movie studios signed him to a contract as an actor where he made over 50 movies.
In 1940, Reagan married actress Jane Wyman, and had a daughter They divorced in 1948 and later on got married again with actress Nancy Davis and had 2 Children.
In 1964, Reagan Stepped into the political spotlight
What did he do as president
5 Fun facts about Ronald Wilson Reagan
1. In his 1984 reelection bid, Reagan received 525 electoral votes, the most of any candidate in U.S. history, as he garnered 58.8% of the vote and won 49 states in his race against Walter Mondale.
2. When Reagan became President the top marginal tax rate was 70%. By the time he left office, it had dropped to 28%.
3. Reagan gave his famous “Tear down this wall” speech in 1987. Two years later in 1989, the Berlin Wall was torn down and two years after that, the Soviet Union collapsed.
4. Reagan inherited a 12.5% inflation rate from predecessor Jimmy Carter. When he left office eight years later, it had dropped to 4.4%.
5. Reagan started out as a Democrat and was a supporter of Franklin D. Roosevelt and his New Deal policies. When he decided to change his affiliation, Reagan said he didn’t leave the Democratic Party, the Democratic Party left him.