Version 7.2 , Winter 2017
New District Website
We are almost ready to unveil our new District Website and now it's time to get moving on our Teacher pages. To see the template, click the link here: http://samboyps.ss14.sharpschool.com/
From the top left menu, under Select a School, choose your school. Once at your school, click the Google button to login. (Never a password to remember!)
Jump over to the Staff Directory and find your name. On your card will be a globe and that is where your website will reside. (If your globe isn't there yet, don't worry!.. I'm still busy creating everyone's page. You can always look at a colleague's for now)
We will be scheduling training with you during the month, but in the meantime please take a look around the site as well. Feedback is always appreciated.
As a data geek I'm fascinated by these type of inquires. And now you can join me!
Simply visit www.gmailmeter.com to get your own personalized report.
Jazz up your Google Slides
SlidesCarnival templates have all the elements you need to effectively communicate your message and impress your students, and completely free!
Simply make a copy of the Google Slides Theme and add your content.
The Origin of Everything
YouTube Channel from PBS investigates the “why” behind many aspects of everyday life.
The fun videos are perfect for your most curious students, or for getting students excited about learning on their own. Video topics range from history (Why is there a South and North Korea?) to pop culture (Where does the #Hashtag come from?).
Magni Momenti Notitia
- Please do not stack the Chromebooks higher than 2 (ideally don't stack them at all). We are seeing a great deal of broken LCD screens of late. TLC please.
- "Think before you click."
- If you have a technical issue, you must submit a help desk ticket here: https://sapublicschools.freshdesk.com/helpdesk (Be sure to use the Google button to login.)
- Be sure to visit the Technology Intranet page as your first stop for tech in the district. FAQs & other general info is stored here to help you find answers to many questions you might have.
Stuff I have been reading apparently:
- Without Net Neutrality, How Would Internet Companies Treat K-12 Districts?
- How Cheap Talk Fuels Bad School Accountability
- Girl Scouts to train next generation of cybersecurity, AI, and robotics professionals
- Education Sector Data Breaches Skyrocket in 2017
- How schools are steering social media
- Turn your phone into a Google Slides remote control with this Chrome extension
- PayPal Subsidiary Data Breach Hits Up to 1.6 Million Customers
- Is Facebook’s New “Messenger Kids” App Safe for My Kids?