CHRIST THE KING SCHOOL NEWS NOTES
January 5, 2016
MESSAGE FROM THE DESK OF THE RECTOR...
As we begin our second semester of the 2015-16 school year, it is important to make preparations for the 2016-17 school year. Part of this process of preparation is to evaluate the ministry of Mrs. Paula Smith as she has been serving as the acting principal of our school. Please click on the following link to fill out the survey by January 22nd: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YDNQWNN
Fr. Paul Prabell
TUESDAY, JANUARY 12th, IS EARLY DISMISSAL/DATA DAY
KING'S CLOSET SPRING CONSIGNMENT SALE
CKS SPIRITWEAR STORE IS NOW OPEN!
Cathedral of Christ the King
Director of Advancement
The Cathedral of Christ the King seeks a full-time Director of Advancement who is a practicing Catholic and is committed to the ministry of the Catholic Church and the spirituality of discipleship. The Director of Advancement is responsible for cultivating an atmosphere of giving within our cathedral parish and school community and the community at-large for the purpose of increasing resources available to fulfill the parish mission.
· Experience identifying and cultivating relationships with potential donors using a moves management style of prospecting.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Experience closing major gifts.
· Demonstrated effectiveness as a leader with strong organizational skills.
· Experience in the cultivation of volunteers and working with a volunteer team.
· Experience with all aspects of development: annual giving, corporate giving, planned gifts, grant writing and capital and endowment experience preferred.
· Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
· Ability to work in a confidential donor based environment.
· Practicing Catholic committed to the ministry of the Catholic Church.
· A minimum of 3-5 years of progressive, effective experience as a development professional with an established relationship portfolio.
· A deep understanding of the concept of Catholic Stewardship with the ability to teach and guide the Parish.
· CFRE Certification preferred (Certified Fundraising Executive).
Please visit www.cathedralctk.org for full job description.
Submit resumes to:
Cathedral of Christ the King,
Roman Catholic Church
Attn: Rev. Paul Prabell, Rector
299 Colony Blvd.
Lexington, KY 40502-2322
Or by e-mail with subject line “Director of Advancement” to firstname.lastname@example.org
CATECHESIS FOR CHILDREN
We are now accepting applications for our Air + Space Academy. Please find the application attached. Completed applications will be accepted December 2, 2015- January 29, 2016.
MKS Car, Cash and More Raffle Sponsored by The Healy Family McDonald’s: Please purchase and/or help us sell tickets and support Lexington Catholic High School! Remaining Early Bird Drawings are in December and January leading up to Grand Prize Drawing at Mid-Knight Stakes on February 6, 2016 for a 2016 Chrysler on Nicholasville Jeep Renegade Latitude or $25,000 cash. All winning tickets from our Early Bird Drawings are reentered for all the drawings. Tickets are $100 each. 1000 tickets printed. Tickets are available in the LCHS Front Office, President's House or you can contact Debra Ritchie email@example.com (859-619-5363), Laura Prewitt firstname.lastname@example.org (859-321-3116) or Pam Schneider, Director of Events and Alumni Relations, email@example.com (859-277-7183, ext. 306). Please visit http://www.lexingtoncatholic.com/MKSinfo.html for all the raffle details!
SAVE THE DATES
January 18 - No School - MLK Day
January 22 - Parochial School's Parent Dance CKS Gym