Tonasket School District
Weekly Update ~ 12/11/2020
"Focused on Learning and Linking Learning to Life"
Be Positive, Be Grateful, Be Involved, Be Flexible
SCHOOL DISTRICT GOALS:
Capital Project Update
On Tuesday, the district had a late start because of freezing rain. Early morning reports were that many places outside of the valley floor had freezing rain making the roads very hazardous. Also, the County could not get to the roads in time for our school bus routes. Our buses are equipped to handle a lot of snow, but freezing rain is something that they can not handle well.
District Culture and Climate
Parent and Community Engagement
- The statutory waivers and extensions to the OPMA have been extended to January 19, 2021. (See the letter from the Legislator below.) This means that the school board will continue to meet remotely until this waiver and extension are lifted.
- The next Community Supt’s On meeting will be held January 6 at 5:50 PM with the English session and at 6:30 PM for the Spanish session. Click on this link to join the discussion: meet.google.com/prj-idvs-yng Or join by phone by calling: +1 754-702-8584 PIN: 725 828 613#.
- The January Supt’s On for Staff will be held on Wednesday, January 6 at 3:30 PM. For staff to join the meeting, click on this link: meet.google.com/rdo-ruei-whw Or join by phone by calling: +1 409-420-8120 PIN: 172 308 439#.
- There is a free Flu Vaccine drive-through event this Saturday, December 12, starting at 10 a.m. through 12 p.m. All adult community members 19+ are welcome.
- Next week there will be another free COVID-19 community testing opportunity in Oroville and Tonasket.
Tuesday, December 15, from 4-8 p.m. at Oroville High School
Wednesday, December 16, from 8 a.m.-1 p.m. at Tonasket High School