Colts Express News
August 22, 2019
Thank you for your support and enthusiasm to help our students have a great start to the school year! Our students have been doing a wonderful job adjusting to their classes and building positive relationships with their classmates. I appreciate everyone's patience the first couple days of school with the car rider line, as our many kindergarten and new students learn our procedures.
Please take a few moments to look over announcements and important dates below. Please let me know if you have any questions, or if I can assist in your child's education. I'm happy to help. Have a great upcoming weekend!
Peter Olinger, Principal
- Independence Day: Tomorrow, August 23, is Independence Day. All students will be expected to walk down the hallway to their classrooms by themselves. We will have many staff members assisting any student who may need help. Parents will not be able to walk children to their classrooms beginning tomorrow.
- Morning Drop-Off: Morning drop-off is going well. Please remember to pull forward as far as possible and have your child ready to exit your vehicle on the right side when you come to a complete stop. We ask that all families stay in the car rider line to drop-off. Parking is not permitted behind our school.
- Afternoon Dismissal: Please remember to have your car tag and keep it visible until your child is in the car. This helps all staff members helping at dismissal to get your child in the car as quickly as possible. If you do not have or have forgotten your car tag, you will be asked to come inside and show your driver's license to receive a pass to get your child.
- Visiting for Lunch: We ask that you wait until after Labor day before visiting for lunch. This provides our students two weeks with the opportunity to eat lunch with their classmates and build relationships. Also due to our large enrollment numbers, we ask that you limit your lunch visits to special occasions, like your child's birthday, grandparents visiting from out of town, etc. We do not have the seating capacity for routine lunch visitors that we once did.
- Transportation Changes: Please call the front office if you need to make any afternoon transportation changes once the school day begins. Teachers do not always have an opportunity to check email as they are busy with instruction.
- Back to School Picnic: The PTA is sponsoring a "Back to School Picnic" next Thursday from 5:30-7:30. This will be an opportunity for families to meet one another and enjoy the evening on our front fields. You may bring your own picnic dinner or purchase dinner. We will have Roman's All Star Cafe and 100 Main Beef & BBQ food trucks available.
- School Information: You may click on the Springfield Elementary School Website button below for much more information about our school.
- Student-Parent Handbook: Our 2019-2020 handbook can be accessed on our website and also from this link:
- August 22: PTA Spirit Night at Pelican's
- August 23: "Independence Day"
- August 29: Back to School Picnic 5:30-7:30 PM
- August 30: Box Tops Due
- September 2: Labor Day - School is Closed
- September 11: PTA Spirit Night at Empire Pizza