Language Arts and Social Studies update
Language Arts: Essay writing and Lesson 7: Old Yeller
Old Yeller: We will be starting this lesson on Wednesday. Lesson 7 will cover the following information:
- Grammar (from Lesson 9): compound and complex sentences
- Vocabulary words - I will create a quizlet and post it to google classroom
- Comprehension focus: Character traits (being able to use words, actions and thoughts to identify character traits) and visualization
I am planning on having this test on Thursday, December 16, however, I may speed things up and test them on Wednesday December 15. I will have them write the exact date in their planners on Monday December 13.
We will then use a book called Weslandia to reintroduce the characteristics of civilization. Once we return from break, we will start learning about the Aztec, Maya, Inca and Mississipian tribes.
- Lee Eaton student council is sponsoring a gift card drive beginning Monday November 16. They are asking for donations of gift cards in $5 or $10 increments to be given to needy families in the area for Christmas. This drive ends on Friday December 11.
- Candid pictures: Tuesday December 8. Students who are in a school group will have their pictures take for the yearbook. The photographers will also be around taking candids of the students for the yearbook.
- Saturday December 12: Nordonia Winter Arts festival at the high school
- Tuesday December 15: Lee Eaton Variety Show at the high school auditorium @ 6:30pm