I can use that!
Shadow Puppet EDU (free) - Create videos to tell a story, explain an idea or send a personalized message. The app has a search tool to find pictures from the Library of Congress, NASA, and to find Creative Commons licensed images from Flickr. Students can also import pictures and videos from the camera roll on their iPads.
Shadow PuppetEDU is a free IOS app that allows the user to easily create videos to explain an idea, tell a story and document learning.
To create an ABC Book:
- Each student is assigned a letter of the alphabet to illustrate. They must write the letter and draw a picture of something that begins with that letter.
- After students have completed their illustration, the teacher takes a picture of each drawing.
- The teacher then has each student record the name of their letter and what begins with that letter. Example: "A is for alligator".
- You will want to create a beginning an ending slide for your book, such as a class picture or a sign that says Mrs. Smith's Class Alphabet Book.
- When the book has been recorded, you have several sharing options to choose from within the ShadowPuppetEDU app.
Click on the "ideas" icon within the Shadow PuppetEDU app for integration ideas. Here are a few of our favorites:
- Sequencing - Tell about a process or event by using transition words (e.g., schedule for the day, timeline of historical events, etc).
- Summarizing - Take a picture of the book cover. Students record a summary of the book.
- Reading fluency - Students record themselves reading the text.
- Creative storytelling - Students work together to develop a story, take photos, and record a narrative.
- Self-published authors - Students write, illustrate, and record original stories, poems, or ABC books.
- Readers theater - Student draw pictures to match their assigned part of the story. Order the pictures and have students record their lines.
- About Me presentations - Makes for a fun beginning of the year activity.
- Show and tell - Students share interesting things related to the curriculum being studied.
- How-to tutorials - Create step by step directions for how to achieve a desired outcome (e.g., how to make cookies).
- Community & culture - Create slideshows of community workers or leaders, holidays around the world, or cultures and customs.
- Math word problems - Students create word problems such as, "In this photo there are 3 red blocks and 2 green blocks. The total number of blocks is 5 because 3 plus 2 equals 5."
TeleStory (free) - Write, direct and star in your own television show. Students pick a theme and one of more than 30 animated scenes and then write their script. Next, they choose from more than 50 digital costumes and record a TV show.
Word Mover by Read, Write, Think (free) - Students can drag words onto a canvas to create poems and short stories. The app has different canvas backgrounds for the to choose from and allows for students to add words if needed.
TIMELINE Use Timeline to create a historical timeline, plotlines for stories, geneological charts, etc.
Trading Cards use to make summaries of content at any level.
Word Clouds (free) - Create and share word clouds with this easy-to-use app!
Dragon Dictation. Dragon Dictation is an easy-to-use voice recognition application powered by Dragon NaturallySpeaking that allows you to easily speak and instantly see your text content for everything from email messages to blog posts on your iPad™, iPhone™ or iPod touch™.
Quizlet (free) - Flashcards & Study Tools that let you study anywhere.
Educreations Interactive Whiteboard (free)- This app allows you to record your lessons or students can show what they have learned
Landtech esign (free) - Do you ever need to sign documents or forms when you are out of town or not near a fax machine? Using your iPad or iPhone, signing documents with your finger or stylus is very easy.
Chatterpix (free) - Make your photos, friends, pets or drawings talk. Take a photo, draw a line to make a mouth and record your voice and then share with your friends and family. Very creative way for students to introduce themselves.
Google Translate (free) - Easily translate 90 languages with the Google Translate app.
Evernote Scannable (free) - New app that is so awesome! Scan contracts, receipts, business cards, papers, etc.. Save or share documents instantly.
Zaption (free & paid) - This wonderful web app allows teachers and students to turn videos into a complete, interactive experience! Add images, text, quizzes and discussions to private videos as well as those from YouTube and Vimeo to create a “learning tour.”
PhotoMath (free) - The “world’s smartest camera calculator.” Point and shoot at any math problem (up to about Algebra II) and you get not only the answer, but step by step solutions! This is a game changer!
Google Play Store
Write About This
Free Version Available HERE.
This app that makes writing super engaging and fun for students. The full version of this app contains 375 picture-based writing prompts that are classified according to level of difficulty. Each image has three different prompts associated with it and students can adjust the level of difficulty in the "settings" section, making differentiation a breeze. The 125 high-quality images used for the prompts contained in the app are thought-provoking and unique. Prompts are available in both text and audio format to accommodate students who are emerging readers or those with special needs.
Here are features of this app:
- Create your own writing prompts within the app, or have students create prompts using images they take themselves. This is a terrific option for science, social studies, or arts teachers! Why not pose relevant content area questions utilizing your own pictures that relate to the concept?
- Students are able to respond to prompts directly within the app and may label, save, and edit their work under "My Write Abouts."
- Student responses can be shared via email.
Write About This is the perfect app for student use, whether you have one iPad in your classroom, several iPads, or many. Writing is emphasized in Common Core State Standards, and this app presents a great opportunity to increase the amount of writing in which your students engage.
One of my favorites ... Thinglink
Thinglink in the Classroom
Thinglink can be a great tool for Classroom online projects and presentations. Here are a few links to get you started!
This is a link to a planning sheet for quality work.
27+ Interesting Ways* to Use Thinglink in the Classroom
More pdfs worth looking at.
These show some Thinglinks to take a look at.
App Smashing with Thinglink
Love this one with an interactive calendar.
Thinglink project ideas