BY:Edgar Allan Poe
- What a world of merriment their melody foretells!
- From the jingling and the tinkling of the bells.
- To the tintinnabulation that so musically wells.
- What a world of happiness their harmony foretells!
- How they ring out their delight
- To the turtle-dove that listens, while she gloats
- What a tale of terror now their turbulency tells!
- How they scream out their affright.
- In the clamor and the clangor of the bells!
- At the melancholy menace of their tone!
- To the moaning and the groaning of the bells.
- From the rust within their throats.