Solving Linear Equations
Three ways you can solve linear equations!!!!
- Solving by substitution goes in 4 simple steps.
- Solve for one variable in one equation
- Substitute the resulting expression into the other equation
- Solve equation to get first variable
- Substitute that variable into one of the original expressions and solve for second variable
Frequently asked Questions
The method that you choose is up to you and which one you think is the easiest. It is also easier to use the method that best fits the equations.
Do you have to have a graphing calculator?
You do not have to have a graphing calculator to solve these problems, if you do them right it is just simple math. While doing the graphing you can just count up the line to make you X and Y points.