Vol. 8, Issue 23; February 26, 2021
School Pickup Safety
Attention parents/guardians: If you pick up your student(s) after school, please drive slowly and cautiously. For everyone's safety, please wait until you pull up along the sidewalk next to the school before loading and be aware that there are cars pulling out and students crossing the road in various locations. Please be patient as the line of cars moves forward during the after-school rush.
Students; when you leave school please be extra careful when crossing the road. Stay on the sidewalk and cross only at the designated crosswalk at the ramp door. Please wait on the sidewalk for your ride to pull up, rather than walking down the road to find them.
Thank you for your cooperation in keeping our students safe!
Senior Portraits Needed
We must also have signed consent from your photographer to publish your senior portrait in the newspaper. Please sign and return this consent form for use of your senior portraits to Mrs. Taylor in the main office (click the blue link to open). Thank you!
Here are a few reminders:
- Please DO NOT send your child to school if they are not feeling well or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19. Please contact the main office to let us know if you will need to keep your child home for any reason.
- Pay close attention to any emails or phone calls from the school. If there are any schedule changes or we need to move back to remote learning, you will find out via email and automated phone call.
- To keep our community as safe as possible, please practice mask-wearing, social distancing, and frequent hand-washing, along with using hand sanitizer when needed, both in and out of school.
Remote Learning Information
We appreciate everyone's cooperation and understanding with remote learning days. Anytime we have to move to remote learning, please remember that attendance is taken as usual, and students are expected to be present and engaged with classes from home. Please call the main office if you know your student will be absent from remote learning days.
Please remember that in order to become an ongoing remote student, a conversation will need to take place between the building principal (Mrs. Casey or Ms. Lindsay), the student, and a parent/guardian BEFORE being allowed to remote into classes. Please call the office at (518) 523-2474 for questions.
Educational Leave Program
Again this year, LPMHS is proud to offer our Educational Leave Program for student-athletes who train and compete at the state and national level in sports that are not school sponsored (NYSEF sports, luge, bobsled, speed skating, figure skating, etc…). This program is designed to provide educational support for student-athletes who must miss classes to train and compete in their sport.
If your child is planning on participating in NYSEF sports or any other outside sport this winter, please fill out the Educational Leave Request form and email it to Ms. Amy Spicer, LPMHS Educational Leave Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org. She will also be happy to answer any questions you may have about the program. Please note that the form needs to be submitted to Ms. Spicer five school days in advance of your child’s leave.
Backpack Program- FREE Meals for the Weekends!
Diversity, Equality, and Inclusion
You are always invited to the online meetings of the work group on diversity, equity and inclusion. The task is to present the Board of Education with a draft policy within calendar year 2021. We are having speakers and activities as well as diving into policy. Come join us! email@example.com or 518-946-7851.
- Ecumenical Food Collection Days: See below for more information.
Don't forget, a parent/guardian can volunteer along with their student and earn double the hours toward the graduation requirement. Please see Mrs. Patti McConvey for more volunteer opportunities and don't forget to fill out and hand in those volunteer forms!
Ecumenical Food Bank Information
- Several of the Lake Placid community service organizations have joined together to host monthly Ecumenical Food Bank Food Drives for the foreseeable future.
- Volunteers from the organizations will be available at the St. Agnes Church parking lot to receive food donations.
- The next collection date is Saturday, March 13 from 9 a.m. to noon.
- More information can be found in the Lake Placid Insider and the organizations' websites and Facebook pages. They include the Adirondack Community Church, Lake Placid School District, Lake Placid Synagogue, Lions Club, Rotary Club, and St. Agnes Parish.
- If you would like to join the effort please contact the Lake Placid Rotary Club via their website or firstname.lastname@example.org
Board of Education Meeting Dates 2020-21
The LPCSD Board of Education meets every 1st and 3rd Tuesday of each month at 6:30 p.m. in the MHS Library Media Center. Board members attend in person or via zoom from their homes.
- Board meetings will continue to be streamed live. Executive Order 202.1 – Article 7 of the Public Officers Law allows for the school board to meet without permitting in public in-person access to meetings.
- Board agenda documents will become live on Saturday before the meeting and can be found at: https://go.boarddocs.com/ny/lpcsd/Board.nsf/Public
- Anyone can submit comments for the Good of the Cause by emailing email@example.com. Emails will be read during the portion of the Good of the Cause.
- Board meetings are streamed live at: http://www.lpcsd.org/. Click on "live stream."
Upcoming meeting dates are as follows: