Monday Morning Message (12/14/2015)
Every Child - Everyday!
Good Morning Everyone! 4.5 days until our Winter Break! We need to have all hands on deck this week. This goes for arrival, transitions, and dismissal. Mr. Swacker will email details later. We have semester exams this week. If you did not receive an exam schedule for next week, please email Mr. Swacker. Here are some shout-outs from last week:
- Math & Science Departments – Math & Science night was a huge success. If you didn't make it, you truly missed out. There were a ton of interactive activities to be a part of. The challenge has been set! ELA & S.S. do you accept?
- Team Leaders – The team leaders and I have been meeting and communicating a lot lately and it is apparent that they care about the students they work with and the teachers. If you see them in the hall or at your next team meeting, a high five is in order.
- Band & Choir - The band and choir concerts were awesome last week. It is great to see them working throughout the week, and then see the finished project. It was awesome!
Reminders & Information
- Time Clock - Remember to clock in and out each day. Missing a clock in or out once or twice is okay, but if it is a persistent problem it may affect your PDAS appraisal.
- Please be at your door during transitions. If you are on your conference period please come out and help to monitor the hallways.
- Remind your students to walk on the right side of the hallway during the passing periods.
- Do not let students out of class without a pass that includes their name, destination, time, date. We are trying to reduce the amount of time that students are out of the classroom and we would like to be able to quickly determine where they should be.
- Remind students of the "lending grant" chromebooks that we have that are available to check out and go home with them.
- Remember to follow the discipline ladder with students in your classroom. Try different interventions and parent contact before sending a student to the office. If it is a level 3 offense, send them to the office immediately. If you have any questions, please ask Ms. Smith or Mr. Swacker.
5 Days Before Christmas
This is a reminder that the faculty and stuff are celebrating the winter holidays this week! The dress-up theme for each day is listed below.
The themed days are only for faculty and staff. Please notify your students that only faculty and staff are participating.
If a student attempts to participate in a themed day, and is out of dress code, please try to rectify the situation. If the student’s dress is beyond repair, or the student refuses to remove it, please contact your house office for further support.
· Monday – Wear Crazy Hats
· Tuesday – Wear Crazy Socks
· Wednesday – Wear Camo
· Thursday – Wear Cold Weather Accessories (scarves, mittens, ear muffs, etc.)
· Friday – Ugly Holiday Sweater (contest at luncheon)
- Grades - Make sure that you are inputting 2 daily grades per week. The administrators will check on Tuesdays to verify grades have entered.
Remember, we are the Best school with the Best students and the Best faculty and staff. Good, Better, Best!!! Never let it rest, until your good gets better and your better gets best!