Safety & Security Update
Most Recent Progress
The safety and well being of every member of Perry Schools remains a top priority in our district.
Here are a few of our most recent efforts:
The Perry Local Schools uses The Comprehensive School Threat Assessment Guidelines (CSTAG) and has certified all administrators and numerous support staff, who comprise our Threat Assessment Team. Our Threat Assessment Team’s roles include:
- Identifying students and situations that raise concern
- Gathering Information and facts to assess risk of violence
- Developing intervention and management strategies to support the student and prevent violence
The Perry Local School District was previously awarded $57,000 from the Ohio School Facilities Council to improve safety and security by upgrading doors, security cameras, and keyless entry systems. Most recently we applied for and were awarded $142,282 that will be used to improve our duress alarm systems, building envelope security, and surveillance monitoring.
We continue to push the awareness of our SPEAK UP! anonymous tip line for students, staff, and community to report anything that poses a safety concern to our students, staff and schools. We are installing the SPEAK UP! Tip Line Reporting Icon on every staff and student desktop to make reporting to the tip line easier.
1. Closely monitor and review your student’s online and social media posts.
2. Every morning, check your student’s backpack for dangerous items before they leave for school.
3. Ensure all types of weapons maintained in the home (all types of knives, airsoft guns, toy guns, real guns, etc.) are secured/locked in a safe place at home and not accessible to your student(s).
4. Seek help from school if your student is talking about violence, is angry or making any type of threat towards self or others. We are thankful for the many resources we have available to assist every member of our school. We have a registered school nurse, licensed social worker, certified school counselors, the Perry Health Clinic's full service staff, and multiple onsite counseling partnerships.
We can connect you with resources or help needed. Just call us!