As you probably noticed via the 99Pledges email and from your child's/ren's excitement Thursday, it's read-a-thon time!
We are focused on fun reading activities to encourage reading. Your child many complete as many as they would like.
There are two prize contests.
- Class pizza party for the classes who exceed their class fundraising goal. Each student is encourage to raise at least $100 in donations. https://app.99pledges.com/fund/2023RAT
- Students who complete the reading activities will earn tickets to win one of three Barnes and Nobles gift cards. Preschool - grade 2 received an activities calendar and grades 3- 8 received tic-tac-toe activities. They are attached below.
One of the most exciting activities is our Book Madness Bracket. This year we are focused on fractured fairy tales (or fairy tale spoofs). Starting March 6th, two books will go head to head to see who is fairest of them all. We have middle schoolers who volunteered to read the book aloud. The reading will be posted on our website and on YouTube. You can view the videos and vote which book was better.
So, join in on our fun. Make a donation and listen to our students read!
Preschool - Grade 2 Read-a-thon Calendar
- Since we added hot dog lunches on Mondays, please have all the ordering for the upcoming week done in Family Portal by the Friday before. Example: Lunches for the week of March 6th ordered by Friday, March 3rd by midnight. This gives our staff time to verify orders and purchase the correct amount of items.
- Pizza on Fridays - We are still offering during Lent both options. Some students noticed. I am leaving it up to you as parents, which option you are placing.
- Geneva Bus Riders have an early release on Monday, March 6th. They will be dismissed at 1:15 pm.
Promote Our School
We have many yard signs available, if you want to place one in your yard to promote our school and help encourage others to call about enrolling their child.
Please send an email to Sharon Liberatore to request a sign. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Part time job opportunity
We are always looking for help. We are in need of a couple substitutes for our after school care program when our main monitor is unavailable. The program runs from 2:30 pm to 5:30 pm. The pay is $14.25 an hour. Please contact Ms. Pohorence if interested.
CYO Sports Opportunities
Students in grades 2-8 have an opportunity to play in two athletic opportunities: kickball and/or flag football. Please complete the form below and return to school. The form was also sent home this past week.