The start of the Americas
Massachusetts, Connecticut, New Jersey, Virginia, Gorgia, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania Maryland, South Carolina, North Carolina, New Hampshire, New York, Delaware
New England :Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New Hampshire
Middle :New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey
Southern :Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia
Where To Travel
New York: Where every face looks different (diversity)
New Hampshire: Mercantilism Happiness
1. Explain British's purpose for establishing the Georgia colony and the Pennsylvania
colonies. Pennsylvania was for religious freedom and Quakers and Georgia was for production of Tabasco and cotton and also slavery and more land for them.
2. Describe William Penn's vision for Pennsylvania. Free land of religion freedom for more Quakers and a new world.
3. What was the name of New York City prior to English control? New Amsterdam
4. How did the English divide up New York? New Jersey and New York
5. Why did the English focus their early colonization efforts on the North and South
Carolina's? Land grands were given which was a cause of more land needed. Also colonist coming over from both Barbados and Chesapeake.