The Warwick Weekly
Respect - Responsibility - Cooperation - Excellence
Thursday, June 13th
Coming Home Today:
The Cub Newspaper
Even arrival is fun at Warwick!
5th Grade Revolutionary War Re-Enactors
Extended Day Kindergarten Fashion Show!
Severe Weather Drill
We did conduct a severe weather drill this morning. Today's weather provides the perfect context to review our procedures to keep everyone safe in the event of severe weather.
Class Placement Information
Please be sure to check your Parent Portal account and password soon. You do not want to wait until I announce that the portal is open to try to find your password. If your password is lost, it takes between 7-10 business days to reset. Learning about placement will only occur through Parent Portal. We will not be sharing that information over the phone. Please be prepared.
If you are unsure about what Parent Portal is, please visit the cbsd.org website and look within the parent tab at the top. You will see Parent POrtal inforamtion on the left side of the screen. This tool has limited features at the elementary level, but becoming familiar with it now will pay off as your children promote to the middle school and beyond where its uses become more relevant.
The portal will open in early August (on or around August 8th).
Infinite Campus Parent Portal FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) - This was taken directly from the cbsd.org website
What is Infinite Campus Parent Portal?
The Infinite Campus Parent Portal is a parent-specific login to the shared, community-wide Infinite Campus Student System. The Parent Portal presents information about students to authorize parents or guardians in real time with secure socket layer (SSL) encryption of the information that is being transmitted.
How do I access the Parent Portal?
A link to the Parent Portal is located on the top right of the district and school sites for your convenience.
You may also go directly to the Portal Login screen located at: https://campus.cbsd.org/campus/portal/cbsd.jsp We recommend you “bookmark” this location after you get your account enabled and working.
Do I need any special software?
To effectively access your Parent Portal account, you will need:
1. Internet Access. A high-speed internet connection (cable or DSL) is recommended.
2. Compute/Browser Requirements. - Refer to this document.
3. Adobe Reader. This is a free document reader available for download on the web at:http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html
What happens if I forget my Username or Password?
If you have provided your email address in your portal account, simply click on the link next to LOG IN that says "PROBLEMS LOGGING IN? On the next screen enter your email address (this must be the address you provided in your portal account), and click SEND REMINDER. An email reminder will be sent to you.
If you do not receive a username/password reminder after following the instructions above, click HERE to go to the online request form.
My account is locked. What do I do?
For security purposes, the Portal will be disabled after three failed login attempts using an invalid password. If your account is locked, click HERE to go to the online request form.
I did not receive/lost my activation key. What should I do?
Use the link on the Parent Portal Login Page “Campus Portal Activation Key – If you did not receive or lost your portal activation key, click HERE” or go to the online request form.
At the June 11, 2013 School Board Meeting, the Central Bucks School District School Board:
1. Heard the H Factor performance (the H stands for Holicong) before the school board meeting and via video, the Pledge of Allegiance was led by Mrs. Strong’s Kindergarten Pine Run class.
2. Heard the Superintendent’s Report.
3. Approved the School Board Minutes.
4. Approved the Treasurer’s Report, Budgetary Transfers for the 2012-2013 fiscal year, and Designation of Depository Banks for the 2013-2014 school year.
5. Approved the MG Trust Contract for employee 457 (b) payroll deductions and the Resolution for Debt Defeasement (paying off some of the principal from previously issued bond debt).
6. Approved contracts to Pavement Maintenance for asphalt repairs at Mill Creek Elementary School in the amount of $27,440; to T. Schiefer for new concrete sidewalks, curbs, and flagpole at Gayman Elementary School and asphalt repairs at Buckingham Elementary School in the amount of $46,750; to CSC for asphalt repairs at Barclay Elementary School in the amount of $8,492; to Centre Point for concrete wall modifications at CB West High School in the amount of $27,800; and rejected all bids for the new concrete ramp at Barclay Elementary School.
7. Sent the Facility Use Fee Schedule back to committee for further review. Facility use fees continue at same level as 2012-13 rates.
8. Approved the Act 93 Plan for administrators and the Assistant Superintendent Contracts.
9. Approved School Board Policy #217 – Graduation Requirements.
10. Approved various personnel items, foreign exchange students, and student trips.
11. Received the Board Calendar as an information item.
Looking Way Ahead
August 14th, Summer Tours for new families, 9:00-10
August 29th, 11:00-12:00, Open House, all grades, additional parking available at St. Cyril's
September 3rd, 1st Day of School, all grades
September 3rd, BTSN, Grades 5/6
September 5th, No School, Rosh Hashanah
September 9th & 10th, Gr. 6 Camp Adventure
September 9th, BTSN, Gr. 3/4
September 17th, BTSN Gr. 1/2
September 18th, BTSN, Gr. Kindergarten
THE 9/11 HEROES RUN UNITES COMMUNITIES INTERNATIONALLY WITH THE GOAL TO NEVER FORGET THE SACRIFICES OF THE HEROES OF SEPTEMBER 11TH AND IN THE WARS SINCE: VETERAN, FIRST RESPONDER, CIVILIAN, AND MILITARY. JOIN US TO RAISE AWARENESS AND HONOR THE FALLEN.
Please join Central Bucks School District in supporting the 9/11 Heroes Run. Registration is now open for the September 15th event. Doylestown borough will once again host a 5k and 1 mile fun walk/run to raise support and awareness for all of the heroes of September 11th.