for IndyPL Employees. April 15th, 2016
National Get Fit, Don't Sit Day
- Set reminders on your phone or computer to remind you to get up and move every 90 minutes.
- Turn your next meeting into a standing or walking meeting if possible.
- Use your 15 minute breaks as walking breaks.
- Do some simple stretches at your desk.
- Take the long route to the bathroom.
- Bike to work.
If you have more ideas of ways to get moving, please share with Bethany Allison and they will get shared in next week's newsletter. The more creative, the better!
Join our Pack for the 2016 Mutt Strut - May 15th
Take advantage of early-bird registration by registering before May 8th. For more information on the event and registration, check here.
Save the Date! - IndyPL Wellness Fair
Tuesday, May 17th, 7:30am-12pm
2450 North Meridian Street
Here are a few of the vendors who will be in attendance:
- Green Bean Delivery
- Health Source Chiropractic
- Freewheelin’ Community Bikes
IndyPL Accountability Group on My Fitness Pal
Are you looking for a way to be held accountable for your health and fitness goals? The popular app and website My Fitness Pal is a great tool for tracking food and exercise, and we've taken it a step further by creating the IndyPL Accountability Group. Join us here to share your health and fitness goals, share recipes and activity ideas, and cheer on fellow staff as they work towards their goals. If you're new to My Fitness Pal, start here.