O.H. Somers Library
What "Dewey" do at the library?
Checking Out Books
- Kindergarten and first graders check out one book when they come to the library each week. The book must be returned before being allowed to check out another book. Your student won't be charged overdue fines, unless an item becomes lost.
- Second graders can check out two books when they come to the library each week. No more than two books can be checked out at any given time. Your student won't be charged overdue fines, unless an item becomes lost.
- Third graders can check out two books for two weeks. Your student won't be charged overdue fines, unless an item becomes lost.
- Fourth, fifth, and sixth graders can check out two books and one magazine for two weeks. If an item is not returned by the due date, the student will be charged a late fee of $0.05/school day.
If any item is lost, we will charge for the replacement cost of the book and processing fees.
But my child says the book was returned!?!
Scholastic Book Fairs- Mark Your Calendars!
Scholastic Book Fair Library Fundraiser
November 17-November 21, 2014
All item prices will match the list price, instead of half price, or buy one, get one as we have experienced in the past. Each purchase helps our library buy new books, which means more new books for the students! This will be a great time to get a head start on your holiday shopping, and online shopping will be available as well. Why not a buy one
Scholastic Buy One Get One Free Book Fair
May 18-May 22, 2014
All purchases from this book fair will be buy one, get one free. We want to make sure that the students get some great reading material to last them all summer long!
Library Birthday Club: How does it work?
The Library Birthday Club is a way to recognize your child's birthday in a special way, while also supporting the school library.
There are several options available for participation:
1. You can make a $10 cash donation to pick a pre-purchased book. Donations and selections can be made at any point in the school year.
2. You can purchase an item from the O.H. Somers Library Book Club Wish List on Amazon and bring it to the library.
3. You may purchase a book of your own choosing. If you purchase a new book not on the wishlist provided, all books donated are subject to approval, based on appropriate content and subject matter.
The book will be delivered to your child's room on his/her birthday, or half birthday. Your child will be the first person to check the book out. A nameplate honoring your child will be placed in the book.