Leila P. Cowart Elementary
Week of November 16-20, 2015
We Want More Freedom
- "As Kanter (1983) observed, Freedom does not mean the absence of structure-letting employees go off and do whatever they want-but rather a clear structure that enables people to work within established boundaries in creative and autonomous ways. The members of a learning community give up a measure of individual autonomy in exchange for significantly enhance collective empowerment."
As a campus, we have a very clearly defined structure which is our Campus Action Plan. Our CAP provides the yearly goals for the campus as well as the focused boundaries in which teachers and staff are expected to use their creativity and content knowledge to make instructional decisions that will yield the desired goals. The urgency of our work calls for our attentiveness to students learning to be the core characteristic of our school. Our focus must be on areas that can result in significant school improvement: curriculum, instruction, assessment, and culture. There are way to many distraction in our profession and if we are not careful they can steer us away from our goals.
PAWSitively Powerful RTI Meetings
Next week (Thursday, Nov, 19th), instead of planning meetings, we will once again be having RtI meetings.We will be discussing your students that already have RtI cases open in School Net with a focus on their 2nd six weeks common assessment scores.
Here is what you have to do BEFORE the meeting:
- Make sure that you have progressed monitored for all students on School Net.
- Desegregate your 2nd six weeks common assessment data.
- Analyze the data for the entire class but focus on your students with RtI plans (for purposes of this meeting).
**********Fill this document in for all of your students already on an RtI plan: https://drive.google.com/a/dallasisd.org/file/d/0B_t8yU1XmqdjVFNrTUlSdGE3anc/view
If you would like several copies of this document, we can provide them for you. Make sure to talk to Ms. Salinas about additional copies.
This document was formulated by the district after our first meeting so we did not have it at that time (we will be using this form versus the form we delivered with the yellow file folders).
During the meeting:
- Bring your yellow folders AND the above mentioned form filled out for each student. Remember: we are switching to these District forms rather than use our own forms.
- Be prepared to discuss you students already on RtI plans. We will talk about their progress, their common assessment scores and their intervention cycles.
- During these meetings we can also discuss any students who do not have an RtI plan but whom you feel may benefit from one.