Write About This
Technology Training - September 22, 2015
Write About This App
Students can also record their voice reading a prompt or reading their response!
Write About This - Free
If you are interested in this app after today, the paid version is $3.99. In order to get this on all of your iPads for your grade level, you will need to put in a request through Ruth. They are now requesting that you write who the app is made by. The answer is...RSA Group, LLC.
STEPS FOR SUCCESS:
Email Set Up:
Yes, you can send it by Airdrop...however, your photo library can get full very quickly.
* Create a gmail account for your grade level.
* Once you have established a gmail account for your grade level, set this email account up on each iPad on your cart.
**** Students will not RECEIVE email on this. It will just allow them to send email.
Profile Set Up:
Please see pics below to help set up profile. Students can do this easily. For younger students, you might have to help them with the email address.
Little Person Icon on Bottom Right
Click on this.
Add Profile Button on Bottom Right
Click on this.
Fill in Profile Box
* Profile Name (First and Last)
* Default Email is YOUR email address that you want them to send their writing to...NOT the grade level email
* Take a selfie pic for profile picture
Let's Look at Options from Home Page:
CREATE A PROMPT:
MY WRITE ABOUTS:
You can adjust your settings to your liking.
* If you want the students to send emails to you, you need to make sure that the "share by email" is checked. Also...DO NOT put a default email in the settings. Do this by profile setup only. Since these are shared iPads, one teacher would end up getting ALL of the writing.
* You can change the prompt level to fit your students. This is differentiation at its best. Just remember that since your sharing iPads, other teachers may need to change the setting back to a different level.
* I would NOT check Quick Delete. This allows students to delete things.
* If spell check is on, it autocorrects the spelling. If you are wanting to grade for spelling/grammar, you may want to take this off.