Eastside: One Team, One Dream
"We never lose. We either win or we learn. - Nelson Mandela
Week of October 7th
Our mission is to build a strong educational foundation while meeting the unique needs of our students.
Working in partnership with the community, Eastside Elementary will provide all students:
A collaborative team of professionals who are committed to improve their practices, so that all students learn at high levels
A safe, positive, and inviting learning environment
An engaging and challenging curriculum focused on essential academics and life skills
Individualized and timely support that provides students with what they need to succeed
One Team, One Dream Inspirations
Hattie's Corner: Resources
This link in Global PD is an 8 minute video on student engagement and self efficacy. Feel free to check it out! If you have forgotten your global pd login and password, let me know. https://globalpd.com/search/content/MTI5
I would love to hear from you about Hattie strategies that you are trying out in your classroom. Feel free to email Mrs. Krogman and myself, pictures and explanations of things you are trying! One Team, One DREAM!
All Star Team of the Week: Pre-K
Learning Happening at Eastside
Details for the Week
Be on time for your duty. Student supervision is key in the morning and afternoon!
SMART goals - Do the students know the goal for your essential standard? Make sure to post your goal with your essential standard in your room, so students know the focus. I think most of you for Unit 1 had an 80% goal.
SIT doc updating - for any students in grades 4 and 5 - needs to be completed by end of day on Friday. All staff working with these students on reading interventions will input a comment.
MAP Progress Monitoring will be with grades 4 and 5 They will take their test in the computer lab with Mrs. Cardin during their keyboarding time.
K-2 DIBELS Progress Monitoring this week.
Please fill out the fall festival doc. We need all of your help! We still need 14 people to sign up to bring a sweet for the sweet walk. We need 9 people to work a time slot at the games. PTO provides a lot for our school and this is where we can show our gratitude. All school supplies that were purchased for students came from this fundraiser last year. Also, PTO supplied us with more chromebooks last year, playground equipment, and differentiated seating. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SlBXzDkz9SlP3kzsv0CaLR881cOKvwj2mTVawVzCwZQ/edit#gid=0
Qballs - Make sure your Qball is working and you are using it with students! I have only seen it in use in a few rooms. If you are having connection issues, put in an IT ticket.
Everyone needs to have report cards updated by Oct 21st by the end of the day.
Human Flag Photo at 9:30 AM
SIT will be meeting this week on Monday
Behavior team meets at 3:00 PM for Golden Tickets (make sure you have submitted your Golden Ticket to Mrs. Krogman)
Kinder select one student that will receive a taxi ride to lunch for Friday. Place name on spreadsheet sent out by Celebration Committee. You will all three have to agree on one student. We will do this once a week taking turns for each grade.
Prior to end of day, we will be calling bus numbers out to the bus lot. We will no longer enter the cafeteria to line up for buses. Students will know where to stand on bus sidewalk. We will review these procedures prior to end of day with each bus #.
- 12 subs in the building - Everyone please help out your subs in your hallway and assist with dismissal.
- Hillman with Guiding Coalition on Assessment - Guiding Coalition will still have their PROWL group and will dismiss in time to help with dismissal.
- VIP after school
- Annual Title 1 Report to the Public at 5:00 PM
- Annual School Board Meeting Report to the Public at 6:00 PM
- 13 subs in the building - Everyone please help out your subs in your hallway and assist with dismissal!
- Hillman meets with Guiding Coalition on Assessment - Guiding Coalition will still have their PROWL group and will dismiss in time to help with dismissal.
- Team Meetings - you will be given an assignment for team meetings outside of the team meeting day. Details will be in a separate email.
- 3rd graders will receive dictionaries from the Rotary Club at 9:00
- VIP after school
- PTO Meeting 3:45
- End of First Nine Weeks
- Club Day ends at 8:15
- 3-5 Awards Assembly with Student of the month awards at 8:30 in cafeteria
- Spirit Day at 9:15 in cafeteria (all grades)
- K-2 Awards Assembly with Student of the month awards at 9:45 in cafeteria
- Celebration Committee's Scary Good Birthday Potluck - We will celebrate July through October birthdays. You can bring your favorite dish of anything.
- Kinder Taxi Ride at Lunch
- Homecoming game - Pack the Panther Way - all staff and students at 6:50. All schools will try and Pack their section of the Panther Pathway for the Greenbrier Homecoming game on Oct. 11th! The line will begin to form around 6:50pm for the 7:00pm game. Each school will have a section to fill for the spirit line. Please let me know who would like to make a banner with EES on it. We are working on some free stuff for the kids that come out for the spirit line and maybe some prizes throughout the night. We are hoping that it is a big turnout with lots of Blue and White for those football players to run through! We will send out a map of where each school's section will be soon. I know it will be so much fun for all!!
- Recess meetings - more info will be sent out later in the week
Important Dates (Refer to EES 2019- 20 Calendar shared by Mrs. Krogman)
Oct 14 - 18 - ACT Aspire Interim 1
Oct 14 - 18 Jean Week fundraiser for fall festival royalty of EES
Oct 17th - 1st grade Pumpkin Patch Field Trip
Oct 17th - 2nd grade Ferncliff Field Trip
Oct 18th - Staff flu shot clinic 7:30 - 8:30
Oct 21 -22 Mrs. Bailey will be with us.
Oct 21st - Have all items on your report card updated by end of day
Oct 22 - 1:30 Dismissal time (Elementary PD in our building)
Oct 24 - 1:30 Dismissal Time - P/T Conferences 2:00 - 7:00 PM
Oct 24 and 25 - Fall festival royalty coronation practice at 9:00 AM (Panther Pavilion)
Oct 28 - 31 Red Ribbon Week
Oct 28 - Kinder Country Critters field trip
Oct 30 - Student flu shot clinic (afternoon)
Oct 31 - Book Character Parade
Fall Festival Important Dates
Oct 23 by noon - last day for students to turn in money for chocolate and raffle tickets
Oct 19th - Fall festival games: Sweet walk, games, bingo, silent auction, vendor booths
Oct 26th - Coronation at 5 pm Panther Pavilion
Words to Live By This Month
PRIDE WORD = Respect
COMPUTER SCIENCE WORD = Data