Ranger Nation Network Newsletter
20th Edition: January 30 - February 04
Welcome our new Health Science Teacher, Ms. Lauren "Chanel" Sams
My name is Chanel Sams. I am from Austin, TX and I graduated from the University of Texas Austin with a degree in Microbiology and a minor in Biomedical Engineering. I am a certified Medical Technologist and Pharmacy Technician. I have 8 years of teaching experience. I have taught classes such as Anatomy and Physiology, Health Science courses, Biology, Environmental Systems, and AP Environmental Science. I have been in Pharmacy School for the past two years, but needed to take a step back to teach. In my free time, I love spending time with my 4 year old and woodworking.
Terry Color Guard Brings Home Gold, Bronze Trophies
In its first competition, the Varsity Terry Guard got 1st place in their division, and JV Terry Guard finished in third at Turner HS in Pearland, resulting in both guards taking home trophies and placing.
Varsity went up against George Ranch HS, Brazoswood HS, Clements HS, and Langham Creek HS. This is the first time Terry Varsity has ever placed 1st in history!
Congratulations to the Terry High School Color Guard who have been worked since November to show their Ranger Pride! Keep Up the great work!
DECA Students Advance to State
Congratulation to the following Terry Rangers for Advancing to State Competition:
- Vander Vallejo
- Bryan Fuentes
- Dalila Cardona
- Joselyn Galindo
Help us wish them the best as they will travel to Dallas, Texas in March to compete in the 2023 State Career Development Conference
Admin Team visits the 1621 Terry Crew
Last week, Mr. Roberson, Ms. Strickland, and Mr. Torres visited the Terry Rangers who are currently enrolled at Special Sites 1621. Students were able to share their plans after graduation with their principal and discuss the many benefits of their time at 1621. Mr. Roberson was impressed by the student's progress and shared that he would be returning in the coming week, with the senior counselors, to discuss the path towards graduation. Keep up the great work, Terry Crew!
Ranger Football named Finalists for Sportmanship Award
We are so proud to support our athletic program coach and student-athlete as
the Ranger Football team was chosen as a finalist for the FCA Sportsmanship award through the Houston Touchdown Club. Great job representing Lamar CISD athletics!
Athletic Events for January 30 - February 11
Monday, Jan 30th
- Golf @ Pecan Grove
Tuesday, Jan 31st
- Girls Basketball hosts Marshall 4:30,5:45,7
- Boys Basketball at Marshall 4:30(2), 5L45,7
- Softball at Morton Ranch 5,6:30
- JV Tennis at Brazosport 8
Wednesday, Feb 1st
- Boys Soccer vs Fulshear 5:30,7:15
- Girls Soccer at Fulshear 5:30,7:15
- Wrestling District Meet at Huntsville 8
Thursday, Feb 2nd
- Terry hosts Jr High Boys Basketball Championships 5,6:30
Friday, Feb 3rd
- Girls Basketball vs Foster 4:30,5:45,7
- Boys Basketball at Foster 4:30,4:30,5:45,7
- Swimming Regional Meet 8
- Varsity Tennis at Dobie 8
Saturday, Feb 4th
- Girls Soccer vs LCHS 10,12
- Boys Soccer at LCHS 10,12
- JV/V Baseball at Boling 12,2
Monday, Feb 6th
- Varsity Baseball vs Kinkaid 5
Tuesday, Feb 7th
- Boys Basketball vs Randle 4:30(2),5:45,7
- Girls Basketball at Randle 4:30,5:45,7
- Softball at Needville 5,6:30
- Boys Golf at Weston Lakes 8
Wednesday, Feb 8th
- Boys Soccer vs Marshall 5:30,7:15
- Girls Soccer at Marshall 5:30,7:15
Thursday, Feb 9th
- JV Tennis at Texas City 8
Friday, Feb 10th
- Boys Basketball vs Willowridge 4:30,5:45,7
- Varsity Baseball vs Northbrook 4
- Softball vs East Bernard 5,6:30
- JV Baseball at Northbrook 4
- Varsity Track at Cy-Falls 8
- Varsity Tennis at GRHS 8
- Wrestling Regional Tournament at Anna, TX
Saturday, Feb 11th
- Boys Soccer vs Foster 10,12
- Girls Soccer at Foster 10,12
- Wrestling Regional Tournament at Anna,TX
Terry Ballers Sink LCHS in Overtime
Terry High School boys had a thrilling finish to their final match-up of the year against Lamar Consolidated HS, defeating the Mustangs 51-50 in overtime! Great job, Rangers!
Ranger Cheer interest meeting and tryouts are coming up soon! Come be part of the heart and spirit of THS!
Official Boy's Basketball Schedule
Come out and support your 2022/23 Ranger Boy's Basketball Team this year! These boys have been working hard in the off-season and are ready to show what they've been up to!
Senior Class Reminders
Greetings Seniors and Senior Parents,
Please be advised of upcoming deadlines and events. Terry High School will celebrate You and your Senior as we close this chapter in their life.
- March 1st – Cap and Gown Deadline- Here is the link to pay – https://www.balfour.com/shop/graduation/senior-gear?pim_a_collection=17546&smi=72558
- March 10th – Senior vs Junior PowderPuff Volleyball Game. Students will need to pay for entry as this event will be held during the day. If you are a parent who would like to volunteer for this event, or if you just want to attend, please send me an email and let me know.
- March 24th – Deadline for paying Senior packages. Due to how the systems works, installment payments have now been cut down to two payments. Here is the link to pay for either the Red or Gray Package. There are descriptions for each package on the payment link. Here is the the payment link for the packages – https://lcisd.schoolcashonline.com/Fee/Details/1683/315/False/True
- Here is the link for the A la Carte menu items. Please note that guest tickets to the prom are located in this link. – https://lcisd.schoolcashonline.com/Fee/Details/1685/315/False/True
- April 20th – Last day to pay for only Prom and Guest tickets. This link is only if your student or student did not want to pay for the package but only wanted to go to prom and prom only. https://lcisd.schoolcashonline.com/Fee/Details/1685/315/False/True
- April 22nd – Prom – Located at Safari Texas 11627 FM 1464, Richmond, TX 77407 – Doors will open at 7 pm and close at 7:30 pm. Prom will be held from 7 pm to 11:00 pm.
More information will be shared as we get closer to Graduation. Please make sure that you are able to log into Skyward to check your student’s attendance and grades each week. If anything seems out of the ordinary, please call your student’s teacher, then counselor, and then Mr. Wilson.
Parent Volunteer Activities:
- March 10th – Senior PowderPuff Volleyball Game
- May 16th – Senior vs Junior PowderPuff Football Game
- May 18th – Senior Sunset
- May 19th – Senior Car Parade – Senior Stroll
Also, don’t forget Decision Day for the Class of 2023 will be on Wednesday, May 10, 2023 from 12:30-3:40 PM. We plan to bring in colleges to celebrate our students’ post-secondary plans and honor those who have chosen to join the military and the workforce. We will have food, snow cones, and will have a senior fun day in the gyms with a DJ and door prizes. It is a great day for our students! Don't Miss Out!
Thank you for supporting our efforts to honor the seniors and their plans for after high school.
Junior Class Reminders
Juniors and Junior Parents
Good Afternoon Juniors and Junior Parents,
In continuing our tradition at Terry High School, Juniors are afforded the opportunity to attend Prom. Prom tickets for this year are priced at $104. The deadline to pay will be April 20, 2023. If you are going to bring a guest, that guest must have a ticket as well. The guest ticket can be found on the same link that is attached to this email. You also have the opportunity purchase a yearbook for the price of $73. Please refer to the attachment for payment link information.
I have attached the payment link for you and your guest here – https://lcisd.schoolcashonline.com/Fee/Details/1685/315/False/True
2023 Greater Houston Frontiers Club Scholarship
Four-year College or University Scholarships
Scholarships will be awarded to students who enroll as a full-time (12 hours minimum) freshman in an accredited four-year institution. The GHFC Scholarship Program is very competitive. Scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic merit, leadership qualities, interpersonal communication, academic merit, extracurricular activities, community service, written essay and financial need. The $1,000 scholarships are payable in a single installment. Scholarships will be paid upon proof of registration (official class schedule) in an accredited four-year college or university.
Community/Technical Institution Scholarships
Scholarships will be awarded to students who enroll as a full-time (6 hours minimum) freshman in an accredited two-year institution. The GHFC Scholarship Program is very competitive. Scholarships are awarded based on academic merit, leadership qualities, interpersonal communication skills, extracurricular activities, community service, written essay and financial need. The $500 scholarships are payable in a single installment. Scholarships will be paid upon proof of registration (official class schedule) in an accredited two-year Community or Technical Institution
Delta Sigma Theta 2023 Scholarship Application
Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Incorporated is excited to be accepting applications for our 2023 Houston Alumnae Chapter Scholarships! Both one-time and renewable scholarships are available. Scholarships are open to high school, undergraduate, vocational, masters, and doctoral students.
Please note: Official transcripts must be mailed directly from the registrar/institution to the Chapter’s P.O. box, or be submitted electronically by March 3, 2023 for the application to be considered.
Scholarship Name: FBFN Scholarship
Scholarship Website: https://www.fbfnfoundation.org/scholarshipapplication
Deadline: March 15, 2023 (opens January 2, 2023)
Qualifications: Must be planning to attend HCC Stafford, WCJC Sugar Land or Richmond campus, or TSTC- Fort Bend. Current senior, live in FB county, US citizen
Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo Scholarship
The Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo Scholarship app is open!!!
You do not have to be in ag or FFA to submit!!!!
Scholarship Name: Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo Scholarship
Deadline: January 31, 2023 @ 7:59 PM
Qualifications: Current senior, US citizen, Texas resident, submitted a college application (must be not-for-profit college), be in top 50% of class
THS Tutorial Schedule
Early Student Signout Restrictions
Students without an acceptable note will not have absences excused and may lose credit for their courses in which they fail to be present 90% of the time.
Skyward: Family Access Center
We encourage parents to use Skyward Family Access to monitor student academic progress and attendance. This web-based program lets you view your student’s daily assignments, grades, and attendance. To receive automatic notifications of grades and daily attendance:
- Log into Skyward Family/Student Access
- Turn on notifications for assignments, attendance, and grades
No Outside Deliveries
Terry High School is a closed campus. Scholars must remain on campus from the start of school until the end of school. Scholars are not permitted to leave campus for lunch.
We will not permit scholars to receive outside lunch delivered from delivery services such as Uber Eats, Grub Hub, Door Dash, etc.
This is for the protection of all of our scholars. We cannot have fast food delivery drivers looking for scholar on campus. If food is delivered to campus, we will refuse to accept it.
We welcome you to come and eat lunch with your scholar. Please contact your scholar’s grade level administrator at least 24 hours in advance and ensure you are prepared with the proper identification to receive a visitor’s pass. You will need your ID or Driver’s License. Please only bring lunch for your scholar.
Only visitors who are listed on the students emergency contacts are able to drop off food items for students.