Self-Managing Skills in the Library
Approaches to Learning in the PYP and MYP
In the Library we...
Manage ourselves in the library- gross and fine motor skills and safety
- develop spatial awareness, gross motor and fine motor skills:
- control our bodies in the library space appropriately like walking and sitting.
- use our books in a careful manner ie. turn pages, holding onto our books.
Organize ourselves in the library
- plan and carry out our activity effectively.
- bring your work materials (assignment, study materials, tools) to the library.
- know our purpose for being in the library and carry them through
- use the workspace appropriately.
Follow codes of behaviour
- follow Essential Agreements for the Library.
- know what is appropriate behaviour for the Library.
- understand the library is a common area for all students and staff and act accordingly.
- follow the acceptable use policy of our school.