RHPS: We are Connected
We can't wait to see you!
The 1st day of school is fast approaching and the RHPS Faculty and Staff are excited to welcome our students to school on Tuesday, August 2nd.
Teachers return to the building Monday, July 25th. We will working on final preparations for the school year. You will hear from your child's teacher by the end of the day on Wednesday, July 27th. They will call to introduce themselves and invite you to Open House.
PRE-K & KINDER CAMP
We will host our Pre-K and Kinder camp prior to the first day of school to allow our youngest Wildcats to become familiar with the arrival procedures and the building prior to the first day of school. This activity has helped student feel more comfortable on the first day of school and know exactly how to get to their classrooms. You will receive details at open house on the 28th.
NEW TO RICHMOND HILL PRIMARY?
Please use the link below to complete the online registration process.
Please reach out to Melissa Smith if you have any questions or need any help throughout the registration process.
RHPS Procedures for 2022-23
1st Day of School
RHPS, along with the support and guidance of Bryan County Schools, takes a proactive approach to keeping our students safe each day through a comprehensive safety plan, vigilant supervision, and regular safety drills.
Here are a few steps you can take to partner with us in increasing student safety:
1. Only use our main entrance to access the building unless instructed otherwise (i.e. special events, performances, PTSO events, curriculum nights).
2. If volunteering or visiting campus, check-in through the main office and wear the provided identification badge at all times.
3. Have transportation tags and identification on hand when picking up your student.
4. Be sure your child's white card is up-to-date and includes complete information for all emergency contacts.
We are excited to welcome back lunch visitors for the 2022-2023 school year. After Labor Day, one week a month will be designated for lunch guests to give you the opportunity to eat lunch with your child.
Guidelines for Lunch Visitors:
- All lunch visitors must be on your child's white card.
- We ask for one lunch visitor per child per visit due to space limitations.
- Please plan on visiting for lunch just one day of the designated week.
- Ensure you closely look at the schedule for designated weeks. We will only be able to accommodate lunch guests on the scheduled weeks.
- All visitors will be required to sign in at the front office and wear a visitor's badge while on campus.
- All visitors will eat with their child at a designated area in the lunchroom. Due to space and safety, only your child will be permitted to eat lunch with you. Your child's friends will not be permitted to join lunch with you.
- No outside food will be permitted during your visit.
More details will be shared by Labor Day.
SAVE the DATES
Tuesday, August 2nd - First Day of School
Friday, September 2nd - First Friday for Charity
Monday, September 5th - Labor Day Holiday
Tuesday, September 6th - Student Holiday and Teacher Work Day
Monday, September 26th - 30th - Book Fair at RHPS
Tuesday, September 27th - PTSO and Curriculum Night
CAR RIDER LINE
● Dismissal - Car riders have an assigned number. Parents may pick-up their children by driving through the car rider line with the child’s car tag displayed on the driver’s side dashboard. Please keep this card visible until the student is loaded in the vehicle.
Car rider tags are distributed before the school year begins. We can not release students without a car tag. If you have lost/misplaced your tag, please go directly to the front office to obtain a temporary tag prior to entering the car line.
● Morning drop-off for students will take place along the back of RHPS. We will use the entire sidewalk to unload students on the driver’s side of the car.
● Please do not drop your child off before 8:25 AM as we cannot guarantee adult supervision until that time.
● If your child would like to eat breakfast at school, they must be dropped off in the car line prior to 8:45.
● The car rider line will close at 8:55. Students will be marked tardy if they are not in their classrooms at 9:00. If you arrive after 8:55, please bring your child into the front office to sign-in.
● At the end of the school day, children will remain in a supervised area until someone picks them up from school. To pick-up your child, you must enter the car rider line. Refrain from cell phone use while in the car line.
● Your car must be totally stopped and placed in PARK before your child will be permitted to step out to enter your vehicle.
● For the safety of your child and staff members, we will load on the driver’s side only. Please work with your child to practice buckling and unbuckling themselves to allow for timely loading and unloading of cars. For your safety and convenience, we have a buckle zone that allows you to pull over and assist your child to buckle up, if needed.
● Please follow the established traffic flow to keep the line moving.
RHPS students are not allowed to walk independently. Walkers must be accompanied by an adult or a responsible sibling.
All walkers and bike-riders will complete a Walker/Bike-rider application. Once approved, you will receive a walker pick-up tag and your child will be in the walker pick-up area at dismissal. If your child is normally a walker/bike-rider and there is inclement weather, please use the car line. Walkers and bike-riders are limited to students who live within 1 1⁄2 miles of RHPS. Bus transportation is available for all other students.
Due to safety concerns and to keep traffic flowing efficiently, please do not park and walk up to get your child.
Traffic Patterns for RHPS/RHES/GWC
School Nutrition Program
Print and bring the completed form along with any medication or medical supplies your child needs to have at school. For example, epi pens, inhalers, diabetic supplies.
Internet Essentials offers low-cost Internet service, discounted computer equipment, & free digital literacy training to families with at least one child eligible in the National School Lunch Program or who attend a Title I school.
Richmond Hill Primary School
MISSION: Dedicated to rigorous educational tasks that challenge and motivate students while always being focused on continuous improvement.