By: Tori Leger
- woman having the right to vote is an example of Popular Sovereignty
-" we the people.. Of the United States"
- citizens voting for their representatives is an example of republicanism
-"a republican form of government"
-powers not given by the constitution to the federal government and not denied to the states are reserved for the states
-"lengthy list of powers of congress (federal)
Separation of Powers
-legislative making the laws, the executive branch endorsing the laws and the judicial branch overseeing the laws.
-the constitution tells how powers are split among 3 branches
Checks and Balances
- president vetoing any bill passed is an example of Checks and Balances
-"congress has power to impeach ,try,convict and remove from office."
-outline many powers the government doesn't have
- the constitution is the " supreme law of the land" more powerful than any government officials or departments.
- equally protection of the law for all citizens is an example of individual Rights
-" equal protection of the law for all citizens"