Mrs. Platz's Class Newsletter
October 14th, 2016
Looking Ahead: Week of October 17th
- Mon. A Day PTA Meeting 6pm
- Tues. B Day -
- Wed. C Day - PLC Early Release - Trunk or Treat 5pm (K-1) 6pm (2-4)
- Thurs. D Day - PTA Skate Night
- Fri. E Day - Writing homework due/Spelling Checkpoint/Snacks: Quinlan/ Leadership Lunch/Report Cards Go Home Via Email
Tuesday, October 25th - 1st Grade Rescheduled Field Trip Red Barn Farm 10-2pm (bring a sack lunch and drink!)
Your First Grader Has Been Working On...
- building up his/her stamina during independent reading time.
- counting on to add using a number line and an open number line.
- finding a landmark number (10) when using an open number line.
- being able to retell the parts of a story including: characters, setting, problem, solution, beginning, middle, and end details. Look for a great resource page in your child's folder that you can use with your child when you are asking them to retell the books you are reading!
- writing, reading, and recognizing the "short o" sound.
- end of quarter assessments.
- Writing Assignment - Our weekly writing assignment this week is to write a response to the question: What is your favorite type of candy? Please help your child work on proper spacing, neatness, spaces, quality picture, and checking to see if the sentence makes sense.
- Practice for our spelling checkpoint on Friday - "short u" word list and sight words. Need a way to practice? Use this Spelling City link to practice the words online: https://www.spellingcity.com/Platz2014/
- Add books to your book log. Try out RAZ-kids and add the books you read to your book log!
Our Seven Habits Tree
Last week your child brought home a packet for the annual Pathfinder PTA Fundraiser. Every year, our PTA counts on dollars from this fundraiser to fund events and activities they provide for our families, and for all of our Pathfinder students.
Students can earn fun prizes and even earn the chance to SLIME Dr. Doll and participate in a LIMO RIDE WITH LUNCH as well! Our goal is to raise $15,000 for our building and WE NEED YOUR HELP!
All the information you need to get started is in the fundraising packet sent home with your student(s). Funds raised from this fundraiser will be going towards: Field Trip Expenses for All Students, Leader-In-Me Program Expenses and T-shirts, A New Trophy Case for Pathfinder, Recess Equipment, Grade Level Parties, Field Day, Watchdog Program Events and Materials, and Other Family Fun Events for all Pathfinder Students and Families. We have a lot to fund and we are ready to reach our goal!
A great feature we have this year is the ability to order ONLINE. Directions are included in your child’s packet. This is great for people who like to pay with a credit/debit card or for students with family and friends out of town across the nation. Now, everyone can help our students and Pathfinder Elementary! Click here to register your packet.
The sale will only run through OCTOBER 21st and ALL MONEY IS DUE WITH ORDERS. Delivery of all products will be on TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 15th FROM 3:30-6 PM.
Thank you for the support of Pathfinder PTA and the students and staff at our school