Holly Academy News & Views
March 10, 2023
Monday, March 13th at 6:30pm is our rescheduled "New Family Meet and Greet"! This evening is for families to learn about what makes Holly Academy the best choice for your child's
Young 5s - 8th grade education! Information will be given on all aspects of the Holly Academy experience and program. Please share this evening with friends and family that may want to learn more about Holly Academy and see what makes us remarkable! Power of the Pack!
Someone Special Dance
Jim and Carrie Berg
These types of events cannot happen without our wonderful volunteers! It's great to be a Husky!
Drop-Off and Dismissal
This is a reminder of the drop-off and pick up procedures:
If you wish to stay in your car and drop off, please follow the guidelines below:
Morning drop off:
- Y5, Kindergarten, and 1st grade students will enter the building through the main canopied entrance (M1). Parents may park in the parking lot and walk their students to the door. Please do not drop off students along the sidewalk.
- 2nd and 3rd grade students will enter the building through the west doors (M13) in the front of the building.
- 4th and 5th grade students will enter the building through the east doors (M12) in the front of the building.
- Middle school students may be dropped off at the middle school or in the front drop-off lanes.
The following list is a brief overview of Holly Academy's dismissal procedures.
- The lane closest to the building will be designated for Y5/K families only.
- Please turn off your cell phone.
- Please stay in your lane.
- Staff will direct you to move forward or exit the parking lot.
- Be sure your sign (student's last name, grade, and teacher) is clearly displayed.
- Turn on your right blinker when your car is loaded.
- Students may not exit vehicles once they have loaded.
We are working on fixing the potholes in the parking lot. Please be understanding and try to avoid potholes when dropping off or picking up.
We're enjoying March is Reading Month at Holly Academy. Parents, please try to instill in your students the importance of reading every day. A great goal is at least 20 minutes of reading daily. Once again I would like to thank Mrs. Craven, Mrs. Allen, and Mrs. Cutler for all the hard work they have put into this initiative.
Mrs. Cutler who organized the door decorating and decorations throughout the school would like to thank the following volunteers:
Elizabeth Von Allmen
Ashley Saint John
Wednesday, March 8th was the National Junior Honor Society (NJHS) Induction Ceremony. Congratulations to the following students who were honored:
Great job students! We look forward to you being part of a great organization and using your talents to better Holly Academy.
Spring assessments schedule.is soon approaching. This includes PSAT, M-Step, and NWEA.
PSAT is scheduled for April 12th for 8th grade students
The M-Step testing dates are April 10th - May 11th for students in 3rd - 8th grades
The NWEA testing dates are May 8th - May 26th for Y5-8th grades
Spring Picture Day
Chess Club for Grades 2nd - 8th
Holly Academy Education Foundation is excited to announce that registration for the 10th annual 5k and Kids' Obstacle Course & Fun Run is now open! Please register by April 14th to receive a free t-shirt!
You can also sign-up for a Family Sponsorship for $200, which includes 5 registrations and your last name on the t-shirt! (Please pay for Family Sponsorships ONLY using HAEF & Rev Track)
Race Registration Link:
Contact HAEF with any questions, email@example.com.
Camp Invention is back for its 5th year at Holly Academy!
Register today: https://invent-web.ungerboeck.com/programsearch/moreinfo.aspx?event=40136
3/14/23 at 4:30pm at home vs Charyl Stockwell Academy
3/18/23 tournament at Livingston Christian
3/13/23 at 5:30pm at home vs Varsity White
3/14/23 at 5:30pm at home vs Charyl Stockwell Academy
3/18/23 tournament at home
3/13/23 at 5:30pm at home vs Varsity Maroon
3/14/23 at 6:30pm at home vs West Highland Academy
3/18/23 tournament at home
If you are interested in coaching Cross Country this season, please email Angie Cryderman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Husky Helps Pantry
The Husky Helps pantry is available to all families. The pantry is open every school day from 7:40am - 3:40pm. If you would like to utilize the pantry please use the door buzzer on the east side of the main building.
If there is an item you are in need of and we are out of stock in the pantry please email Angie Cryderman at email@example.com. All information will remain confidential.
Popcorn Volunteers Needed
- Mar. 12 - Daylight Savings Time begins - spring forward
- Mar. 14 - PI day
- Mar. 15 - Spring picture day
- Mar. 17 - St. Patrick's Day
- Mar. 17 - AR dress down day, $1.00
- Mar. 22 - Board of Directors meeting at 5:30pm in the media center
- Mar. 24 - Mar. 31- Spring break, no school
- Apr. 3 - School resumes
- Apr. 7 - Good Friday, no school
- Apr. 9 - Happy Easter
- Apr. 12 - PTO meeting at 8:00am
- Apr. 14 - PTO dress down day, $1.00
- Apr. 19 - Board of Directors meeting at 5:30 in the media center
- Apr. 21 - PBIS dress down day, $1.00
- Apr. 24 - Kindergarten Round-Up, no school for Y5 & kindergarten
- Apr. 27 - Take your child to work day
- Apr. 28 - PTO dress down day, $1.00