Eagle Leaders Letter
A Weekly Message from SHS Administration | 10-9-20
Our Library is OPEN!
Starting October 15, students may pick up books you've requested and drop off books to return outside the auditorium (at the foyer) on Thursdays and Fridays from 2:00 - 4:00. Check out this easy tutorial by Ms. Harlow that shows how to request a book!
Dress Code at a Distance
A challenge of distance learning is that we can often see into each other’s homes. While the learning occurs in our personal spaces, the classes are part of the North Santiam School District's service and are therefore subject to our policies. Please keep in mind that the purpose behind these policies is primarily for students and staff to be safe and to feel safe.
District policy JFCA addresses students’ clothing guidelines, and our district handbook goes into greater detail. Some examples of guidelines still in effect during distance learning are:
The dress and grooming of students shall not cause a substantial disruption to the teaching and learning process.
Clothing that is gang affiliated or referencing drugs, alcohol, firearms, or promoting racial intolerance are not permitted.
Thank you for your help!
Eagle Athletes Leadership Team
Parents, this was sent to SHS students earlier this week. If your child has leadership potential or you would like them to improve their leadership skills, please encourage them to apply.
During the 2020-21 school year, a select number of athletes will be chosen to serve on the Eagle Athletes Leadership Team. We are looking for dedicated students who want to serve and learn more about what it takes to be a leader. The group will meet, virtually for now, once a month starting in Nov. If you are interested, answer these application questions in writing and submit them to Athletic Director Darren Shryock (firstname.lastname@example.org). Go Eagles!
- What does it mean to be a leader in athletics?
- Briefly describe your history surrounding athletics.
- Why is leadership important during this time in our country/state/school?
- Talk about the biggest challenge you see facing today's high school athletes/leaders.
- Describe a time where you saw a need for leadership. What were the circumstances? What role did you play, and how did you handle yourself?
- What is one area in which you personally would like to improve? Think about getting better at your sport or activity.
- Describe your academic life so far. How have you handled the balance of school and academics?
- Talk about the best coach or leader you have seen. What made him/her great?
- What post high school plans do you have?
- Why do you want to be part of this group? What do you hope to gain from being part of the Eagles Athlete Leadership group?