Brill Happenings August 2019
Back To School Information
Dates To Remember
Pre-K Round Up Aug. 7th & 8th 8:30 AM-11:30 AM (No other new enrollments on this day)
New Student Enrollment-
- August 5th & 6th 8:00-11:00
- August 13th 8:00-11:00
- School supply sale runs from 3:30-5:00
First Day of School- August 19th
School Holiday/Labor Day- September 2nd
Open House- September 19th 6:00-7:30 PM
- PTO Meeting begins at 5:30 in the cafeteria
Fall Individual Pictures September 25th
Annual Student Update For Returning Students -
Every year, families are required to update student information (Age, Grade, and Registration or AGR) for emergency purposes. This replaces the yellow AGR cards sent home the first day of school.
Information MUST be updated prior to receiving a schedule or teacher assignment. Refer to the FAQs for more information.
Sandra Speer, Principal
- Keeping contact information updated in Skyward
- This includes who may and may not pick up your child in case of an emergency or illness
- Keep a current copy of all legal documents pertaining to custody on file with our registrar
Instructional Time, Arrival & Dismissal
- Students purchasing breakfast may enter the building at 7:45 AM, all other students will enter at 7:50 AM
- Late arrivals- after the tardy bell at 8:10, there are no teachers on duty. Please walk your student inside to the office to sign them in.
- Early dismissals- please send a note to the front office on the day of the early dismissal. If you would like to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com for early dismissals, you will need to include your DL#, and contact # for verification. Without these, we cannot honor an email for early dismissal. Also, if an emergency arises any you need to call, you will be asked identifying questions for the safety of our students.
- No early dismissals after 3:00 PM due to the end of the day procedures that many office staff are attending to.
PreK times are slightly different-
- AM Session: 7:50 am – 11:00 am- students may enter @7:45
- PM Session: 12:15 pm - 3:25 pm - students may enter @12:05
Dismissal information: In order to have a safe dismissal, please review the attached maps.
Visitors & Volunteering
- Have ID ready to show at the front door
- Please enter through the office to obtain a visitors badge
- Please keep name tag visible at all times
Prior to volunteering on campus, please do the following:
- Visit Kleinisd.net to sign up
**Cleared volunteers may work directly with all students while visitors may only interact with their student**
Lunch and Snacks
Elementary Breakfast - $1.25
Elementary Lunch - $2.25
Whats on the Menu?
To add money to your students account for or apply for free or reduced lunch please visit:
Students are encouraged to bring their own water bottle and healthy snack for use during the day.
Due to allergies, we do not permit sharing of food items between students. Thank you in advance for your understanding
Want to provide your student with a birthday treat? Please follow the Klein ISD guidelines:
Birthday Snack Guidelines
Please take time to review the handbook, it covers important information such as
Student code of conduct, acceptable use for technology, grading, medication use, dresscode, and much more valuable information.
If you would like to request a paper copy of the handbook, please reach out to our registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org
To communicate effectively with all stakeholders, Brill will utilize the following ways to share information with you:
Parent Connect to send automated messages and reminders
Wednesday Folders: student work, communication and community flyers
Peachjar for digital flyers
Brill website, Twitter, and Facebook
Skyward for grades, progress reports, report cards, STAAR testing results
Parent conferences- in person or by phone
Class Dojo or Seesaw
Please visit with your teacher to learn the best way to communicate with them