September 2, 2020
Device Pick Up for Remote Students in the Elementary Schools
- You will park in the Barclay lot
- If you plan to enter the building for pictures, each person must wear a mask and complete the daily health screening.
- You may pick up laptops without entering the building, but you will not be able to have your picture taken unless you come inside.
- You must complete the acceptable use policy, user agreement, and protection plan for every student before picking up the device(s) - see link below.
- Pictures will be in the Barclay cafeteria. You will enter through the main doors after we check your health screen and your computer documentation. Head to the cafeteria for pictures and device distribution station.
We look forward to seeing you Tuesday evening. Please consider having your picture taken even if you are not ordering picture packages. We hope at some point we will be able to have every student back in school and it would be wonderful to have class pictures with every student included. More information will come related to picture orders - that has not been finalized at this time.
Devices for all other students will be distributed the first day of school for each cohort.
Medication Drop Off
Remote Learning and Benchmarking Assessments
One activity that we have every Fall is our initial benchmarking period, where we work with students to determine their current reading levels using the Fountas and Pinnell Benchmark Assessment System. This year we would like to have our fully remote students sign up to work with our reading teachers the week of September 14-18 to complete this initial assessment. This is something that would be done 1:1 in the reading teachers rooms. We would ask you to sign up for a one hour time slot during the week and bring your student to school after they complete their health screen. A reading teacher would work with the student during the hour, and you could then come back to school to pick up the student at the end of the hour.
We still need to work out the specifics of this activity, including the sign up process, but I wanted to give you some advance notice of this plan. It is subject to change.