Ranger News, Week of February 18, 2020
From The Principal
The Raymond Park 5th and 6th grade Robotics program is showing great success this year! Known as the "RoboRangers," the program is comprised of five smaller teams. Teams have been meeting since October with one goal in mind: getting all five teams to the state competition which will be held on March 3rd. The state competition will be held at Lucas Oil Stadium where 200 teams will be competing for an opportunity to move on to the world championship which is held in Louisville, Kentucky.
Currently four out of the five teams have qualified for State by winning various competitions throughout the season. Team Members are: Bryson Backus, Bailey Bass, Jentry Burns, Layla Calmes, Izabelh Cambron, Dominique Cornett, Anthony Dennison, Kylie Harding, Avery Lile, Elijah McClintock, Rayeanna McIlquham, Baleigh Mullis, Conner Phipps, Absalon Roman, Braydon Russell, Jaime Sufuentez, Elijah Walters, Jeremiah Wright-Bibbs, WIll Young, and Vincent Zheng. The teams are coached by 8th grade science teacher, Mr. Tony Willits.
Good luck, RoboRangers, in your quest for Success!
- There is no school on Monday in observance of President's Day
- The PTSA is hosting an open gym for 7th and 8th grade Ranger students this Friday evening, 6-9pm. This event is open to current RPIMS 7th and 8th grade students only. An information and registration flyer is included later in this newsletter.
- 7th and 8th choir concert on Monday, 2/24, at 6pm
- 7th and 8th band and orchestra concert on Tuesday, 2/25, at 7pm
- 5th and 6th STEM Night on Thursday, 2/27, 6-7pm
On the horizon:
Please note the dates of statewide ILEARN testing later this spring - the testing window opens April 20 and runs through mid-May. If your child will need to have medical or other appointments during this time, we encourage you to schedule those outside of school hours or before or after the testing window. Students perform best when they take the test within the established schedule. Therefore, it is imperative that students are present during testing time!
Spring Scholastic Book Fair
Dates: March 2-12
Place: RPI&MS Media Plex
Details: Each student that purchases a book will receive 2 C. O.R.E. dollars!
Check out this interactive book fair flyer:
Give your student a secure, cash-free way to shop the fair. Simply create a free account, preauthorize a spending limit, and have funds immediately available.
New and Improved Scholastic Book Fair App:
RPI&MS 5th -8th grade 19-20 Yearbooks on sale now!
Order your 5th -8th grade combined RPI&MS yearbook today!!!
You can order online at ybpay.lifetouch.com - yearbook ID code is 10818420
You can also order by sending in a check made payable to Lifetouch.
A basic paperback yearbook costs $20 and is only a $5 charge to add a hardcover!
Please see Mrs. Simala or Mr. Brooks with your yearbook questions.
Morning Student Arrival Information
As the weather becomes increasingly colder, it is important to review our morning drop-off procedures. Recently, we have had a large number of students on campus prior to 8:30 a.m. This presents a safety concern as those students are standing outside in frigid temperatures and are left unsupervised.
- Students are not able to enter the building until 8:30 a.m. This is the earliest we can guarantee appropriate adult supervision.
- Students should NOT be dropped off prior to 8:30 a.m. each day; if they are, they will be standing in cold temperatures until staff supervision arrives and students are let in to the cafeteria.
- Given that school begins at 8:55 a.m. for 5th and 6th grade students and 9:02 a.m. for 7th and 8th grade students, the school is allowing families an additional 25-30 minutes of time for their student to be supervised by inviting students in the building at 8:30 a.m.
- Please use this information and follow the Car Line Procedures (below) to create the car-rider line safety for morning and afternoon travel.
- Please also follow the instructions of all staff members outdoors as they direct and supervise parking lot and drop-off line areas.
The safety and supervision of your student and our staff is always our top priority - we ask for you support in helping us with these efforts.
From the Office of Exceptional Learners:
If your student needs Math or Science homework assistance, they can call AskRose. Please see information below:
Tutors are available by phone Sunday - Thursday, 7:00 pm - 10:00 pm (ET) at:
RPI&MS PTSA News
Don't forget to join our Parent Teacher Student Association and support all of the wonderful student activities and events throughout the school year! Your $7 membership earns you a weekly PTSA electronic newsletter and membership incentives. Our PTSA sponsors Back To School Night treats, Warren Homefest, the quarterly CORE Celebrations, teacher reimbursement for school supplies, open gym nights, family bingo night, field trip fundraisers, end of year celebration treat for all students, 8th grade celebration gift, and staff appreciation days. Our PTSA coordinates the school-PTSA joint fall fundraiser, grade level fundraisers, weekly slushy sales, RP-AMC monthly family movie events, Box Top collection contests, quarterly roller skating parties at the Roller Cave and Sonny Day Community Center volunteering nights. We have over 400 members this year! Join us!!
Congratulations to our 5th grade students and staff for winning our PTSA membership contest this year!
Please contact our PTSA for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
SCHOOL DISTRICT PUBLICATIONS/NEWS MEDIA USE
Dr. John Kleine - Principal
Mrs. Jina Simmons - 5th Grade Level Administrator
Mr. Andrew McAulay - 5th Grade Counselor
Mrs. April Price - 6th Grade Level Administrator
Ms. Katie Piatt - 6th Grade Counselor
Mr. Bill Halpin - 7th Grade Level Administrator
Mrs. Iris Parrish -7th Grade Counselor
Dr. Leondra Radford - 8th Grade Level Administrator
Mrs. Adrienne Mathews - 8th Grade Counselor
Lisa Stewart - Nurse
To apply you must be in the 7th or 8th grade. Contact Katie Piatt RPMS Educational Counselor for application email@example.com or 317-532-8900 X8910.