Plano Band Weekly Announcements
May 8-12, 2023
"Same thing, last time, FINISH STRONG!!!!" ~2022-2023 Plano Band
Happy Prism Week, Plano!!
2023-2024 PLANO BAND INFORMATION!
1. 2023-2024 PLANO BAND GOOGLE CLASSROOM
- current sophomores and juniors must join immediately!!! Click link below!
2. 2023-2024 REMIND GROUP
- CURRENT Juniors: Text 81010 with message @goplano to join group "PLANO BAND SENIORS"
- CURRENT Sophomores: Text 81010 with message @pbjuniors to join group "PLANO BAND JUNIORS"
3. All current sophomores and juniors are required to join these two groups immediately!
4. Subscribe to the 2023-2024 Plano Band calendar below!
Or join using join code sn24r2g. All current sophomores & juniors should join immediately!
GOALS FOR THE WEEK
1. To have an unforgettable Prism Concert
2. To cherish the music & memories with your best friends
3. To gather for the final time as the 2022-23 Plano Band and have an amazing band banquet
EVENTS THIS WEEK
1. Prism Concert Online RESERVED Ticket Sales, continues / ENDS TODAY
- Purchase tickets here. Tickets are $10 each
- ALL TICKETS ARE RESERVED. Families are encouraged to purchase tickets early to select your seat(s) of choice!
- This concert will sell-out, so purchase tickets ASAP!
- There is no limit to the number of tickets a family can purchase
- Remaining tickets (if available) may be purchased for $12 on THURSDAY (day of concert) from 4:30-6:00p in the Ticket Office in the lobby of the Fine Arts Building
2. Pep-Rally, tomorrow
- ATTIRE: dri-fit shirt, khaki shorts
- 9:30a release from 1st period
- 9:40a meet in GYM
- 9:51a Pep-Rally begins
3. PRISM WEEK SCHEDULE
- Prism Marching Band Rehearsal: TOMORROW, 4:30-5:30p (Required members: ALL members of the Plano Band!) TEST GRADE!!
- Prism Chamber Ensemble Rehearsal: TOMORROW, 6:30-9:30p [schedule posted on bulletin board in band hall (Required members: chamber ensemble personnel selected to perform at Prism Concert)
- Prism Concert: Thursday, 7pm (Required members: ALL members of the Plano Band!) TEST GRADE (see attached schedule!)
4. Honors Band Senior Project Presentations, Friday during band classes
5. 2023 Marching Show Reveal, Friday @ 4:45 in Band Hall
6. Plano Band Banquet, Saturday @ Courtyard Marriott - Allen, 6:30p
DUE THIS WEEK
1. Physical Exam & Medical History Forms, PAST DUE! (Forms attached below)
- turn in to "Assignments" tab in the "2023-2024 Plano Band" Google Classroom
2. PRISM CONCERT!
1. HONORS BAND Independent Projects PAST DUE (for 2nd year students)
2. HONORS BAND Concert Critique - PAST DUE
1. School-owned instrument CHECK-IN, Monday, 5/22 (test grade)
- All personal items removed from cases. Cases vacuumed and returned spotless
- Woodwinds must be returned with a note inside case stating needed repairs. If no repairs are needed, simply write "No repairs needed".
- Brass instruments must be cleaned according to instructions on attached document
2. Final Exams, May 23-26
3. OLD/NEW Officer Meeting, May 24, 1:30-3:30p
4. NEW Section Leader Meeting, May 25, 1:30-2:30p
5. TSSEC, May 27
REQUIRED MARCHING BAND FORMS
SUMMER BAND CAMP - UPDATED
In addition, please keep in mind the following dates for marching band contests: Sept 30 (PEMI), Oct 7 (MMI), Oct 14 (UIL), Oct 21 (Area).
With Fall Break occurring October 9-13, 2023, there will be no marching band events planned from Oct 8-11. Because of a football game on Friday, October 13 & UIL Marching Contest the very next day, the Plano Band will return to rehearse on Thursday, October 12.
FALL BREAK REHEARSAL SCHEDULE (required attendance for all Plano Band members):
Thursday, October 12: 5-8p
Friday, October 13: 1-4p + football game prep
We appreciate all of our families scheduling vacations around the very important dates.