Helping Hands Resource Room
Attention BP Teachers, Administration, & Support Staff
We will be opening soon! Mark your Calendars for Monday, September 23rd!
Student Services is proud to announce that we are extending our Helping Hands tutoring program to include mentors who will be available to tutor students during EVERY hour of EVERY day for the 2013-2014 school year. Our mentors have been carefully selected to work with your students during their study halls to help provide academic support! Please help us get the word out!
How can you help? It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3
1. Encourage your students to get one on one help as needed! Open to ALL students!
2. Let your parents know this is available if any of your students need additional support.
3. Communicate with us as needed to share thoughts, ideas, or comments. Send communication to Debbie Hebert and Tammy Krueger.
How do students “sign Up”?
1. Students need to get a pass from their academic teacher. In the event that the student is in study hall and wants to go to the resource room, a phone call to the resource room by the study hall supervisor will be required. Phone # is: 662-7117.
2. Student will go to their study hall and show the pass to that study hall supervisor.
3. Student will go to the resource room and give the pass to the mentor.
4. Student will sign into the resource room just as he/she does in the library and Student Services. This log sheet with be shared with Dawn for attendance purposes.
5. If a student leaves the resource room before the bell, the mentor will sign the pass allowing the student to go back to his/her study hall. This pass will then be given to the study hall supervisor.
Helping Hands mission is to provide a safe learning environment during and after the regular school day where peers tutor peers in any core academic area. Our mentors have been carefully selected to provide the best instructional support he/she can and to be positive role models in our school and community.