Georgetown K-8 Parent News and Events April 30, 2021
From the Principal...
Hello, Georgetown Family!
Students, congratulations on your hard work with i-Ready! Georgetown is one of the top schools in the District with i-Ready success AGAIN THIS WEEK because of your hard work! Keep it up! GMAS continues this week. Please keep reading through this newsletter for a copy of the schedule, information about GMAS, and important notes for testing success.
Teacher Appreciation Week May 3-7
Please note some important testing information:
- Students need to come to school with a fully charged school-issued Chromebook every day during testing. If your student did not have one issued, we will have one available on testing days.
- Please make sure that your student arrives to school on time every day. We will start promptly at 8 a.m. each testing day.
Georgetown Art of the Week
Georgetown Lions--Theme Park Designers!
Georgetown Soccer Season Has Begun! Schedule posted below!
Summer School 2021--EMBRACE!
Parent Help Needed!
The Parent Teacher Association president serves as the managing executive of the PTA unit of the school site. PTA officer duties are defined by PTA unit bylaws and the president must comply with the bylaws of the PTA. The PTA president works with the school leaders to plan great things for the school. If you are interested in running for the position of the PTA president, treasurer, vice president, or secretary, please email the principal at Kelli.firstname.lastname@example.org.
School Council Member
The A+ Reform Act of 2000 required schools to have school councils. School Councils are made up of the school principal, parents, teachers, and business community members who are required to meet four times per year. The purpose of the school council is as follows:
- To improve communication and participation of parents and the community in the management and operation of schools.
- Bring communities and schools closer together in a spirit of cooperation to solve difficult education problems
- Improve academic achievement
- Provide support for teachers and administrators
- Bring parents into the school-based decision-making process
- To help the local board of education develop and nurture participation
- To bring parents and the community together with teachers and school administrators to create a better understanding of and mutual respect for each other’s concerns
- To share ideas for school improvement
If you will have a child on Georgetown K-8 for the next two school years and would like to run for the position of Georgetown K-8 School Council Parent Representative, please email the principal at Kelli.email@example.com. Thank you, parents, for all of your support!
Registration Open for 2021-2022 School Year
SCCPSS News and Events
Savannah-Chatham County Public School System's Mission: "To ignite a passion for learning and teaching at high levels."
Next Board Meeting - Wednesday, May 5, 2:00 p.m.
Buffalo Contest (Deadline May 24)
Ocean Awareness: Water Rising (Deadline June 14)
Loch Ness Contest (Deadline June 21)
My Food Contest (Deadline June 21)
Library Media and Technology News
Having tech issues? Check out the flow chart for information on how to troubleshoot log in issues, itslearning difficulties, or other technology concerns so that we can resolve your issues in the quickest manner possible. We are here to help!
Every student who is returning to campus needs a school-issued device so that we can assist them with any issues and for the experience to be consistent and smooth for all students. If your child has not received a school Chromebook yet, please let Mrs. Brunn know as soon as possible. Visit School Cash Online to secure the TPP (Technology Protection Plan) that will keep you from paying out-of-pocket for device damages! TPP is only available for newly issued devices.
Mrs.Tonja Brunn, Georgetown's Library Media Technology Specialist, can be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Return to Learn 2nd Semester 3/2 In-Person Learning Model
K-12 Symptom Screening Forms will be provided to all families and can also be located on pp. 36-37 of the Georgia Department of Health COVID-19 Guidance for Georgia K-12 Schools document attached below. Students must have a filled-out copy of this form with them upon arrival to school every day.
Important In-Person Reminders:
- Students must have a charged device with them at school every day. If your child has not been issued a school Chromebook, please email email@example.com to secure a device. Students should also bring earbuds/headphones (with microphone) each day.
- Arrival times: 7:10 a.m-7:40 a.m.; Dismissal times--1:35 p.m. for K-1; 1:40 p.m. for grades 2-8. All students should be picked up by 1:50 p.m.
- All parents and guardians picking up students in the car line are asked to please wear protective face coverings.
- Breakfast and lunch will be provided at no charge for all in-person learners.
- Masks are required for all students and staff.
IMPORTANT IN-PERSON SAFETY REMINDER!
At this time, our offices are closed for face-to-face support. Please contact us at 912-395-3475 for assistance. Phone lines are open from 7:30 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. daily. Please remember that it is difficult for teachers to stop instruction to answer parent questions. Consider contacting your child's teachers through Class Dojo or through email, and they will answer as soon as possible. We are here to assist you!