If you have used your school email address as your Apple ID, I would highly recommend that you change your Apple ID. It is never a good idea to use an email address that you do not own for personal accounts. When the time comes for you to leave Grace, you do not get to take your email address with you. Below are instructions for changing your Apple ID.
- Sign out of every Apple service and device that uses your Apple ID.
- Sign in to your Apple ID account page.
- In the Account section, click Edit. Under your Apple ID, click Change Email Address.
- Enter the email address you want to use as your Apple ID. A verification code will be sent to your new email address.
- Enter the verification code from the email into the fields provided and start using your updated Apple ID.
- Sign back in to all Apple services with your new Apple ID.
It's that time of year when people decided for various reasons to leave Grace and work and teach elsewhere. In the event you do not plan on returning next year, you might want to take the files and documents in your Google account with you before your account is deactivated.
Google Takeout allows you to download your Google contacts, Google docs, slides, and so much more and take them with you.
You can do Google Takeout even if you are not leaving Grace. Google Takeout is simply a service that allows you to back up your Google apps from the cloud to a personal computer.
THIS MUST BE COMPLETED ON A PERSONAL COMPUTER.
- Go to google.com/takeout
- Sign-in with your Grace credentials.
- Select the items that you would like to backup.
- Once you've made your selections, click the Next button.
- Customize archive format: leave the file type as .zip and leave the delivery method as send download link via email.
- Click the Create Archive button.
- THIS COULD TAKE HOURS.
- Google will email you a link to your archived zip file. Download the .zip file to your personal computer.
Your archive is only available for seven days on Google's servers so you will need to download this file within this timeframe.