Summer Literacy Institute
Grades K - 1
July 24, 2019 & July 25, 2019
Please join us for this two day foundation literacy experience as we discuss, outline and model key components of your students' universal reading success.
Day one will focus on the facets of pre-emergent, emergent and early literacy including guided instruction, assessment, scheduling and infusing play in your literacy block.
- Learn how to structure guided instruction based on student needs.
- Learn how to embed word work so there is direct application of skills.
- Learn about the components of balanced literacy and how to create a play based ELA block.
Day two will focus on writing and expressive language for our pre-emergent, emergent and early writers.
- Learn how to structure a writing workshop based on the needs of our emergent and early writers.
- Learn how to include language skills for all students.
- Learn how to embed play to increase student learning.
This two day intensive institute is for teachers who want to learn more about the literacy development of their students, increase student engagement and improve student outcomes. We look forward to seeing you for this collaborative learning experience. This Summer Literacy Institute is a repeat workshop and if you attended last year, you may want to consider our Literacy Institute 2.0 on July 23, 2019.
Learning outcomes will include:
- Participants will learn about the facets of guided instruction at the emergent and early stages.
- Participants will gain knowledge of appropriate foundational word work for emergent and early readers.
- Participants will learn about writing strategies that are appropriate for pre-emergent, emergent and early writers.
This workshop is offered at no additional cost to districts participating in both School Improvement (LS1) and Title 1 Fee For Service Bloomer, Bruce, Colby, Eleva-Strum, Gilman, Gilmanton, Greenwood, Ladysmith, Lake Holcombe, Loyal, Neillsville, New Auburn, Owen-Withee, and Spencer. (Discount will be automatically applied.) For districts only participating in one of the services or neither, the cost will be $1,000 per participant.