A newsletter for families and friends of Athens Intermediate
October 19, 2020
A Note from Ms. Davis
The second half of October is as busy as the first half! We try to provide a wide variety of voluntary experiences for your students. We encourage them to participate in as many as your family can - but certainly take a break from dressing up and raising funds as needed!
Our first grading period ended last Friday, and today begins a new 9-week grading period. Report cards will be mailed to remote students and will be sent home with traditional students on Wednesday, Oct. 21. It has been such a joy to watch your students grow. I am excited to see what the rest of the year holds for them.
Our PTO has a lot going on for the rest of this month as well. Tuesday, Oct. 20, please consider supporting our Marcos Pizza Spirit Night - but, you don't have to wait until dinner because the event starts at 11:00 am. When you order, just tell Marcos that you are supporting Athens Intermediate School. On Thursday, Oct 22, our Cherrydale cookie dough and orders arrive! Exact pick-up times will be posted on the PTO Facebook page. It should start around lunch time. And, during the last week of Oct., PTO is hosting a pumpkin decorating contest. See details below.
We had about 23 people join our first parent zoom opportuny to learn more about standards-based grading. After report cards come out this week, we will host another parent zoom session to discuss the documents your student brings home (it's on Friday, Oct. 23, at 11:30). We will email and text a link a couple of hours before it begins.
October ends with a focus on Red Ribbon Week. We will be celebrating our choice to be drug-free! On Friday, Oct. 30, students are invited to our after school Monster Mash Bash. This event raises funds for the library. There is an admission fee and a concession stand during the event. Students must wear face masks or maintain social distancing while outside.
Please let me know if there is any way I can assist you and your family.
There are so many good things going on at AIS!
Costume Guidelines for Oct. 30
- Only face masks (for health and safety) may be worn on face. No costume masks.
- Your face must be visible - so no face paint.
- Make sure the costume is not revealing skin other than arms and legs from the mid-thigh down.
- Hats and caps may not be worn during the school day but can be worn during the after school Monster Mash Bash.
- Clothing, accessories, and costume props that take away from the educational process many not be worn. Please leave your props at home as they will not be allowed at the Bash either.
SAVE THE DATE: October 20 - For Marco's Pizza AIS Spirit Night
We’ve Got SPIRIT
NO COOKING ON TUESDAY, October 20, 2020 !!
- Order Lunch or Dinner at Marco’s Pizza (Awesome Salads available too)- 11:00 AM-10:00 PM / (256.800.1010) / Carry-out & Delivery
- Tell them you want your order to benefit Athens Intermediate School!
- AIS will get 30% of the total purchased
- These funds will help us continue to work toward our goal of an outdoor basketball court and more STEM Lab Supplies
- Thank you for your Support!! Add this to your calendar today and begin sharing with family and friends!
Join the PTO
It's time to join PTO! Dues are only $10 and you can send a check or correct change to your child's teacher. PTO is a volunteer organization dedicated to working with parents, families, teachers and administration for the benefits of our school. PTO helps to provide many support services throughout the year.
Athens High School cheerleaders will be here on Thursday to sell spirit items!
Click here to pay for PTO dues, recorders for music class, Latchkey tuition, Slingbags, and student planners!
CLASSROOM PARTY $8 FEE
If you did not complete a transportation form when you registered your child in SchoolMint, please complete this form and return it to our school office BEFORE the first day of school.
Sign up for free or reduced meals, pay online, and view the menus. If you are a remote student who needs meals, please make the request through this link.
Traducir al español
Never miss important information!
Download the ACS mobile app to stay connected at all times. Use the app to check calendars, lunch menus, and receive "push" notifications about school events and weather emergencies. Download the free app today at the App Store for iPhones or Google Play for Android devices. Search "Athens City School System." Be sure to allow alerts, pushes and banners in your phone settings under "notifications" to properly receive notifications. In the app settings, please select the schools from which you wish to receive updates.