Liberty Drive Elementary
Moving Our Bus...On the Road to Excellence
This week all LDS students will be taking Benchmark tests in Reading and Math. Fifth graders will also take a Benchmark test in Science. It is very important for
students to do their best so that their teachers can use this test to determine how to
better prepare each student for EOGs.
Additionally, I am asking for your assistance in helping to make sure that all of our students are taking advantage of the support that is being offered to them in the coming weeks. More than ever before it is important that all students are focused and attentive in their classrooms. Disruptive behaviors will not be tolerated. In the event that your child becomes a distraction to their own learning or the learning of others, he/she will be removed from the classroom and an attempt will be made to contact a parent/guardian. It is my hope that they will be able to quickly return to the classroom to avoid the loss of instructional time.
Keys, Keys, Keys
- If you unlock the door always double check to make sure you have locked it back.
- The breezeway door on the classroom wing side should never be left unlocked.
- Please do not allow students to use your key to unlock the breezeway door. They should continue to use the door closest to the office if they need to use the restroom during recess or to enter for any reason.
Unfortunately, we will not be redistributing keys to those who do not have a classroom key that will unlock the breezeway door. At this time it would not be financially responsible to purchase more keys. Over the summer we will be working to re-key areas around the building and we are still in talks with the TCS Maintenance Department about acquiring key fobs for breezeway entry. Please continue to bear with us during this process.
3rd Quarter Awards
Report cards will go home with students on Wednesday, April 6th. You will need to send home the Awards Day Program information that will be provided to you with students who are receiving awards.
Date & Times
Thursday, April 14th
8:00 am Fourth Grade & 9:00 am Fifth Grade
- Certificates are in the file cabinet across from Mrs. Brown's desk.
- My signature stamp will be left in the mailbox outside my office door. Please use it in the office and return it to the mailbox.
- Completed Certificates should be returned to the designated mailbox before leaving on Tuesday, April 12th.
-Perfect Attendance--> Varoutsos' Mailbox
-All other certificates--> Keep with you for the Awards Program, If you will be
absent on April 14th make sure you designate a person to present your
- Email Sanders a list of students who are receiving each award from your class before leaving on Tuesday, April 12th. A form will be emailed to you that the Thomasville Times will need.
Family Science Night
On Tuesday, April 19th we will have our Family Science Night, from 5-7pm. Our LDS Families have been asked to join us for hands-on experiments, food, and fun!
Please look for information from Sarah Wood and Britney Lockhart concerning the assistance that will be needed from our staff.
Add to Your Calendar
4/4: SIT Meeting
4/5: ELA Benchmark Test/EOG Boot Camp & AIG Mini Camp Starts
4/6: Math Benchmark Test/Report Cards Go Home/Grade Level Planning
4/7: Science Benchmark Test (Adekoya Andrews, Workman)/EOG Boot Camp & AIG Mini Camp
4/8: Science Benchmark Test (Halpert, Hull, Lockhart)
4/11: Science Benchmark Test (Davis, Wilson)
4/12: PLC Meetings - ELA Benchmark Data Unpacking/EOG Boot Camp & AIG Mini Camp
4/13: Grade Level Planning
4/14: Awards Assemblies/EOG Boot Camp & AIG Mini Camp
4/15: Special Olympics/Spring Pictures
4/18: Staff Meeting
4/19: Family Science Night/No EOG Boot Camp or AIG Mini Camp
4/20: Grade Level Planning
4/21: EOG Boot Camp & AIG Mini Camp/LDS Dinner
4/25: IEI Visit/PBIS Meeting
4/26: 5th Grade Field Trip/ EOG Boot Camp & AIG Mini Camp
4/27: 5th Grade Visits TMS/Grade Level Planning
4/28: 5th Grade Field Trip/ EOG Boot Camp & AIG Mini Camp
4/29: 5th Grade Field Trip