Week of February 1st, 2016
Week of February 1st
- National School Counseling Week Begins
- Dickens at CEI/LEI Training 12:00
Tuesday, February 2nd
- Tornado Drill
- Safety & Wellness Committee 3:30
Wednesday, February 3rd
- Counselor Appreciation Day - Wear Disney clothing on this day in honor of our guidance counselor, Mrs. Jones! Stop by her office to leave a special message, too!
Thursday, February 4th
- Empowering Parents Workshop-Rockwood Summit 6:00-8:30
Friday, February 5th
- Birthday Friday
- Go for Red Day - Wear Red
- TA Meeting - Time TBD
- Heart Association "Jump Rope For Heart" Assembly-9:00
- PSO Trivia Night at the Stratford
A Look Forward - Week of February 8th
- Dickens at HR staffing meeting-1:00 p.m.
Tuesday, February 9th
- Dickens at Admin Council-8:30-11:30 a.m.
- ELA & Math Vertical Team Meetings - 3:30 p.m.
- PSO Exec Meeting-6:45 p.m.-Library
- Kellison Walk Throughs for 2nd Grade - More info to come
Wednesday, February 10th
- Teacher of the Year Nominations Due by 4:15 p.m.
- Kellison Walk Throughs for KDG and 1st Grade - More info
Thursday, February 11th
- Quadrant Vertical Walk Throughs - Kellison observations at 8:40 a.m.
Friday, February 12th
- Staff Development Day - Early Dismissal at 12:08 p.m.
- Summer School Recommendation Window Closes
- Sweetheart Dance
- Library Desk Installation - all day
Rockwood Summer Academy
Campus Intruder Drill
Within the message itself, you can put the names of people who are missing or additional. This helps our office staff move through the messages quickly when accounting for everyone.
- Visit the teacher's lounge on Monday morning to start your day and pick up a special little something for yourself.
- Stop by the work room any day next week if you'd like to participate in a fun Super Bowl Challenge.
- Listen carefully to morning announcements on Tuesday. I have a special message for you.
- Warm-Up Wednesday - You are welcome to wear your jeans! This week, we are wearing Disney-themed clothing in honor of Karen Jones and Counselor Appreciation Day.
- On Friday, it's wear red day for the American Heart Association. Suzanne and I will be swinging by your room first thing for a sweet start to your day.
Looking forward to the end of the month, we are planning a little competition the last week of February. Send me a picture of your pet and we will see how well our staff can match the animal with their correct owner. Just e-mail them my way!
Empowering Parents Workshop
Parents can attend any or all sessions. Click here for more information about the sessions being offered.
A Great Reason to Watch the Super Bowl
Relay for Life
Relay for Life is fast approaching! We are working on some fun fundraisers to help Kellison hit the $1,000 goal. More information to come on that soon.
In the mean time, please consider signing up on the Kellison Tiger Team so we can pack the track on Saturday, April 23 at Summit High School!! Registration is free and fast.
Once signed up, you may create your own fundraising page and you may do as much personal fundraising on your own as you like - through friends & family, to help our team hit our $1K goal!
Join the Kellison Tiger Relay for Life team here:
Staff Sparklight - Mrs. Jackman
This week we are featuring one of our fourth grade teachers in our Staff Sparklight, Mrs. Jackman.
Mrs. Jackman graduated from Missouri State University with a Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood and Elementary Education. She has been at Kellison for 6 years. She is married to her husband, Josh, and they have two children, Barrett (4) and Eloise (2).
What did you want to be when you were little?
When I was little I wanted to be a zookeeper… to be honest I think my dream was fulfilled as a child. I took care of some crazy critters...a cockatiel, a giant millipede, hamsters, turtles, bunnies, crabs, fish, dogs, cats, ducklings, and chicks. I look back now and realize how patient and understanding my parents were!! After I retired from my “childhood career”, it was time to focus on my dreams of becoming a teacher. I am the oldest child in my family and I did anything I could to get my brother and sister to play school with me.
What are you good at?
Thanks to my mom making everything when we were kids, I learned how to be pretty crafty! I love to refinish furniture, sew, paint and get crazy with my Cricut. I also enjoy baking.
What makes you happy?
Babies and puppies! Chocolate and Coffee! Teaching and “mommy-ing”!
What's your favorite thing to do?
I absolutely love when we can be at home as a family, build forts, watch movies, play games and snack!! Another favorite of mine is camping.
What's your spark?
My spark is kids! There is no better place to be than with kids. They make you feel pretty special and it’s so neat to see them reach milestones, both at home and at “work”!! ...and let’s face it… they laugh at my jokes!
Best Kellison memory ...
So many to choose from!! I love working on the teacher dance at the end of each year! It’s so much fun to come together as a staff and perform for the kids. Last year, I had the opportunity to join the fifth graders on the trip to the Smoky Mountains. It is an amazing experience and I can't wait to go back!! I also look forward to the first day of school every year! I love meeting my new group of kiddos and seeing students from the previous years. :)