4th Grade Weekly Happenings
Reagan Elementary - Leander Independent School District
Week of November 10
What Are We Learning This Week?
- factual information from graphs
- fact vs. opinion
- Sitton List 10 - Spell Check on Friday 11/14 in class
- Skill Focus: their/they're/there/there's/theirs
- Skill Focus: /oi/ spelling patterns - oi (voice), oy (boycott)
- equivalent fractions
- comparing fractions
- adding and subtracting fractions and mixed numbers
- converting between fractions and decimals
- continue Early Texans research - people of the Central & High Plains, Mountains, & Basins
- mechanical energy
- sound energy
- vocab quiz on Thursday 11/13
- begin Personal Narrative #2 - due Friday 11/14
- grammar focus - quotation marks in dialogue
- Blue packet handed out on Monday 11/10 and due next Monday 11/17 (posted on class website under Homework)
- 30 minutes per week of math fact practice (Xtra Math is recommended, but could use other websites and/or flash cards if you prefer)
- Online Reading Log & Questions - 80 minutes reading and online homework on website due Sunday evening 11/16; if you would prefer to turn in a hard copy, read 80 minutes and write a short BME (beginning-middle-end) summary on a piece of looseleaf paper. Three to five sentences, no more necessary.
- Study Sitton List 10, given in class on Monday 11/10 and checked in class on Friday 11/14. List can also be found in your child's travel binder behind the "spelling" tab, by clicking the link directly below, or a soft copy is available on the Our Town website under "Spelling Homework".
- Spelling Worksheet - their/they're/there/there's/theirs homophone practice worksheet (2 pages) - given out in class and due back Monday 11/17. Soft copy available on the classroom website if you need to print at home.
- Study for vocabulary quiz - words are posted on class website
Our current week
Monday 11/10 -
- green specials day
- math homework sheet due to math teacher
- reading homework due (logged online by 5:00 Sunday 10/9 or handwritten summary & minutes read turned in during class today)
Tuesday 11/11 -
- fall picture retakes
- blue specials day
Wednesday 11/12 -
- purple specials day
- red specials day (no specials due to Veteran's Day Performance)
- Making Connections Vocab Quiz #1 (words on website under "Science Homework" and linked below)
- 4th Grade Veterans' Day Play - daytime performances for grade levels, parent/family performance at 6:00 pm
- orange specials day
- Spell Check over Sitton List #10
For which specials (PE, Performing Arts, Visual Art, Library) your child goes to on what day, please see the Daily Schedule page on our classroom website.
On the Horizon - Upcoming Dates
MARK YOUR CALENDARS!
New items from the previous week's newsletter are initalics below.
Until Thursday, December 11th
- Reagan Pajama Drive - see details below
Week of 11/17
- Scholastic Book Fair in library
- Turkey Luncheon on campus; watch the Reagan Insider for more information
Monday - Friday 11/24 - 11/28
- Thanksgiving Break, NO SCHOOL
- 5th Grade Business Fair - during specials
- Holiday Parties; more information closer to date
Monday - Friday 12/22 - 1/2
- Winter Break, NO SCHOOL
- End of Second Nine Weeks
Dressing for Colder Weather
REAGAN PAJAMA DAY!
WEAR A PAIR! SHARE A PAIR!
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 7TH - THURSDAY, DECEMBER 11TH
It’s time for the GREAT BEDTIME STORY PAJAMA DRIVE!
We are kicking off our drive on Friday, November 7th by having a Reagan Pajama Day! We’re calling it “Wear a Pair, Share a Pair”, as we continue to support our Great Bedtime Story Pajama Drive!
- Wear pajamas to school on Friday, November 7th (remember they should be school appropriate and you must also wear shoes)
- Bring a donation for our Pajama Drive. Remember:
- We need new pajamas
- Sizes infant to adult (think of teens!)
- Drop your donations in the tub outside the QUEST room
- Collecting until Thursday, December 11th.
- Remember, Scholastic Books donates a new book for each pair of pajamas we collect. Cool!!!!
- Our Reagan goal is to collect 475 pairs.
Thank you for showing care and concern for needy children!
Thanks much for understanding!
Elizabeth & Reanna