Our Lady of Lourdes School T2:W1
Newsletter: 4 May 2021
NAU MAI, HAERE MAI
Welcome to Term 2 - we are so excited to be here again with you for another term ahead. We hope that you had a wonderful time over the holidays and we ask for God's blessings for our new term ahead.
This is just a brief newsletter this week outlining a few important messages.
Over the holidays, Mr Anderson and his amazing wife Lizzie welcomed their new baby to the world. They had a bit of a rough beginning and we give abundant thanks to the gifts and talents of doctors, nursing staff and Life Flight who helped them all. Today we introduce our newest member to our school family, Baby George Anderson... we have included a little photo.
PENTECOST SUNDAY MAY 23: Mark this date in your calendar for this mass. We will come together as a school/kura/parish to celebrate this special liturgical occasion.
SCHOOL UNIFORM EXPECTATIONS
For boys/tama - winter grey shorts, long sleeve gold top, navy jersey, navy blue long socks and black shoes.
For girls/tamawahine - school pinafore, long sleeve gold top, navy jersey, navy blue long socks under the knee or navy tights. White socks are for Term 1 and 4.
PE SHORTS: We are aware that the school PE shorts are not available from The Warehouse. Please use any navy shorts that are suitable for school.
HAIR: A reminder that all hair should be natural in colour. If hair is touching the collar then this will need to be put up for safety and hygiene reasons.
NAIL POLISH: A reminder that nail polish is for home, the weekend and the holidays. Thank you for supporting us in keeping our school uniform expectations.
Congratulations to our amazing Year 3/4 Netball team who finished off their season brilliantly. Thank you to Phillippa and our families/whanau for all your amazing support.
NEW WORLD TOKENS PIONEER HIGHWAY
Update from the teachers
MERCY HOUSE POINTS FOR THE WEEK - TOTAL FOR THE TERM
- POMPELLIER: 1167 **** Our Leading Whanau Group after Term 1
- McAULEY: 1075
- ONGLEY: 995
- BERNADETTE: 1011
- VINCENT: 1041
- FRANCIS: 1124
TERM 2 DATES - WINTER UNIFORM BEGINS THIS TERM
- May 9: First Communion #2
- May 16: First Communion #3
- May 17: Road Safety week
- May 19: Kind Hearts Day
- May 21: STAFF ONLY DAY - joining with all Catholic schools in the Kāhui Ako. SCHOOL CLOSED.
- May 22nd: Practise for First Communion (in the afternoon, time to be confirmed)
- May 23: First Communion day
- May 28: SCHOOL CROSS COUNTRY at TAKARO PARK - please note change of venue - no longer at Monrad Park
- June 7: Queens Birthday - SCHOOL CLOSED this day
- June 8: Inter school Cross Country
- June 25: Seesaw Reports out for your child
- June 28: School Interviews from 3.30-5.30pm
- June 30: School Interviews from 1.30-7.30pm (School closes 1pm this day)
- July 2: MATARIKI CELEBRATIONS
- July 9: MUFTI MANIA/ with all Catholic schools in New Zealand
- July 9: Last day of the term