RMS Weekly Event Calendar
February 5 - February 9
What's going on at RMS?
I appreciate your willingness to take risks and step outside of the box to find ways to reach your students. I am excited about your desire to try new things and design lessons that are engaging for students that get them involved in their own learning.
We have never let the challenges we face at RMS define who we are or what we can accomplish. Rather than make excuses, we focus on how to make things possible. Instead of say "we can't", we believe "we can". We instill in our students the "Growth Mindset" and that hard work pays off and mistakes are part of learning.
We are approaching the final stretch of this school year; however, there is still so much to accomplish. I encourage all of you to continue to be intentional in your planning and instructional/learning activities. I trust all of you will become data experts and delve into the Scantron Data from the winter assessments to determine the areas our students need support, and I urge all of you to integrate formative assessment into your classes and use the results to guide your daily instruction. Last, but not least, continue to believe in your self and your students.
Be proud of yourself and your team! All of you have earned it and deserve it!
For the next few weeks, we are going to highlight one of these tools each week and encourage you to try it in your classroom during that week. In our instructional meetings, we will talk about how each of you are using the tool and how it has helped you to guide your instruction.
This week we are going to look at ZipGrade. ZipGrade turns your phone or tablet into an optical grading machine! Please watch the short video below by Dr. Wiginton and see how it's done. You can also go to the website for additional information.
Just think of all the possibilities that are out there with this tool! I look forward to talking with you on Thursday and sharing how this tool has worked for you!
National Junior Honor Society Induction
RMS Mentoring Schedule
Monday - Growth Mindset Vocabulary - Students will complete a "Think and Know" vocabulary activity on growth mindset terminology.
Tuesday - Growth Mindset Vocabulary - Students will complete a "Think and Know" vocabulary activity on growth mindset terminology.
Wednesday - Growth Mindset Vocabulary - Students will complete a "Think and Know" vocabulary activity on growth mindset terminology.
Thursday - Growth Mindset Vocabulary - Students will complete a vocabulary reflection activity on growth mindset terminology.
Friday - Growth Mindset Vocabulary - Students will complete a growth mindset vocabulary word search.
Monday, February 5
- Reading Strategy Training - Room 125 - Please plan to attend during your instructional periods.
- Cheerleading Meeting - Cafeteria - 6th - 8th grade girls will meet during their instructional periods to receive information for the upcoming cheerleader tryouts.
Tuesday, February 6
- AMSTI Math Instructional Meeting - Room 125 - Mrs. Reyer will be on campus to meet with the math teachers during your instructional period.
Wednesday, February 7
- Student Support Team Meetings - Room 125 - Core teachers will meet with Mrs. Warhurst during their instructional periods.
Thursday, February 8
- Data Meeting/Book Study - Room 125 - Please plan to attend during your instructional periods. Please bring your Chromebook to the meeting.
Friday, February 9
- RMS Scholars Bowl vs. Deshler - Home - Media Center - 12:00 p.m.