Helen Adams Keller was born in Tuscumbia Alabama on June 27th,1880.Helen became blind and deaf at the age of nineteen months after she had gotten a deadly fever. Because she couldn't here or see anything, she became mute. She had many outburst from all of the anger and frustration she had. after all the outburst, Helens parents were done. They were able to do to Alexander Graham Bell for a teacher referral. Annie Sullivan was the teacher that was given to them. She was young and has been blind for a short period time until she had gotten a sugary to get her sight back. Annie had taught Helen for many years until she died.
Choices and Results
In Her Words
Words For Her
I used this picture to show what she looked like in her later age. She was a woman who accomplished her dreams. Helen has a big smile showing her joy.
2. "Helen Adams Keller. "Encyclopedia of World Biography. Detroit: Gale, 1998. Biography in Context. Web. 8 May 2016.
This source helped me figure out her earlier life with Anne Sullivan. It helped me see the role that she had on Helen.
3. "Helen Adams Keller." Dictionary of American Biography. New York: Charles Scribner's Sons, 1998. Biography in Context. Web. 8 May 2016.
This source shows how she became so famous and accomplished. It also shows her famous and well known writings.
4. "Helen Adams Keller." World of Health. Gale, 2007. Biography in Context. Web 8 May 2016.
I used this source because it shows how she learned to read and write. It tells you the way Anne taught her.
5. "Helen Adams Keller." Encyclopedia of World Biography. Detroit: Gale, 1998. Biography in Context. Web. 8 May 2016.
I used this source because it told you her route in becoming a leader. It told us the college she went to and how long she went to it for.
6. "Helen (Adams) Keller." Contemporary Authors Online. Detroit: Gale, 2002. Biography in Context. Web. 8 May 2016.
This source also gives info on her early life. It tells you how she had become blind and deaf.
7. "Helen Adams Keller." World of Health. Gale, 2006. Biography in Context. Web. 8 May 2016.
This source shows the challenge she had growing up and getting to where she wanted to be. It lists all of her accomplishments.
8. "Helen Keller." Contemporary Heroes and Heroines. Vol. 1. Detroit: Gale, 1990. Biography in Context. Web. 8 May 2016.
I chose this article because it was able to show the bond with Anne was able to create with Helen. Anne figured out a way to be able to teach her.
9. "Helen Keller's Graduation Photo, 1904." MCT Photos. 2010. Biography in Context. Web. 8 May 2016.
I chose this picture because it shows how hard she worked. It is a picture of her in her cap and gown.
10. "Helen Adams Keller." Gale Biography in Context. Detroit: Gale, 2010. Biography in Context. Web. 8 May 2016.
I chose this photo because it shows her when she was a younger and full of potential person. It is a portrait of young Helen Keller.
I chose this quote because it shows an opinion about her topic. It is a little religious but it shows and opinion from someone.
I chose this quote because it shows Helen's actual opinion on what she believes. It is her opinion that not everyone has to believe.