Hillview Guidance Counseling
Welcome to Hillview Elementary Guidance Counseling
Guidance Counseling Mission Statement
School Counseling Program Mission Statement
1) Provide a well balanced program based on state standards.
2) Encourage students to be good and productive citizens.
3) Assist all students in maintaining emotional health.
4) Provide students with life skills in a nurturing environment.
5) Enhance student learning by providing quality educational experiences.
- Spring Break- March 30-April 3, 2015
- Spring Book Fair- March 2-6, 2015
- Black History Program- February...TBA
- School Valentine’s Day Dance- February...TBA
- Book Clubs will begin Tuesday, February 10, 2015 for 3rd -5th grade students
- Monday- Presidents’ Day/Weather Day...February 16, 2015 (Schools Closed)
- Progress reports go home...February...TBA
- Circus Trip- January 22, 2015 at 9:30am- grades K-2nd
- Monday-Celebrate MLK Day... January 19, 2015 (Schools Closed)
January-February Character Trait: CITIZENSHIP
Teaching Children about Citizenship
Citizenship requires doing our share for our community and our country. Being a good citizen means caring about the good of society and participating actively to make things better.
Research reveals that participating in community service programs and learning about the importance and value of serving others can be a powerful influence on positive character development.
Patriotism is an important part of good citizenship. Patriotism is love of and loyalty to our country. It involves honoring the democratic ideals on which the country is based and expecting elected officials to do the same, respecting and obeying its laws and honoring its flag and other symbols. It also involves accepting the responsibilities of good citizenship, such as keeping informed about national issues, voting, volunteering and serving the county in times of war.
PARENTS, WHAT YOU CAN DO!!!
Take your child with you when you vote. Talk to him/her about the candidates, the offices they aspire to hold, and their positions on key issues.
Participate in community-building activities.
Discuss citizenship with your child and find examples of what good citizens have done for their communities and school.
Challenge them to find ways to demonstrate Citizenship in school.
Student of The Month