Kids Of STEEL
Virtual Kick Off on Friday, January 8th at 11:00 am-12:00 pm
You are invited to be a part of Kids of STEEL, a youth exercise and nutrition program from Pittsburgh Three Rivers Marathon, Inc. (P3R). We will review and outline the program and provide physical activity and nutrition tips for your entire family. Join us on Friday, January 8th to Kick it Off and Learn More!!
Virtual Kids of STEEL Kick Off!
Friday, Jan. 8th 2016 at 11am-12pm
This is an online event.
Agenda and Goals: Instilling lifelong, healthy habits in kids!
During this Kick-Off-Students will Learn About:
- The Kids of STEEL Program
- How to sign up for the Kids of STEEL Program
- Introduce Importance of Nutrition to Students with a mini interactive activity
- Introduce Importance of Fitness to Students with a mini interactive activity
What is Kids of STEEL?
Kids of STEEL is an exercise and nutrition program designed to motivate children to pursue quality nutrition and an active lifestyle by incorporating exercise and healthy eating habits into their daily routine. Participants choose one of three training plans (preschool, Kids Marathon or 5K) and works on the appropriate exercise and nutrition goals.
If they sign up to participate, during the training period children will:
- Complete physical activity goals based on the training plan appropriate for your child’s ability.
- Try new foods by working on nutrition goals appropriate for your child’s age.
- Learn the benefits of setting a goal, training and achieving that goal.
- Track activity and nutrition goals on a training log