Week of October 2nd, 2023
School Starts at 8:50 am ~ Every Day ~ Be On Time
PES serves our community by preparing all students in a safe and nurturing environment to be critical thinkers, productive citizens and thrivers with admirable character.
Students need the following items EACH DAY!
Important Dates 🗓️
9/27 ~ Garden Club Meeting
9/27 ~ Parent Teacher Conference Sign-Ups sent home electronically
10/2 ~ Monday, ~ PTA Reflections Entries Due
10/2 - 10/3 ~ Hearing and Vision Screening for Kinder, 2nd, and 5th grade students (See below)
10/9 - 10/13 ~ Parent Teacher Conference Week
10/9 - 10/13 ~ ALL DAYS ARE MODIFIED due to Parent Teacher Conferences
10/9 - 10/27 ~ PTA Read-a-Thon
10/16 - 10/20 ~ Book Fair
10/18 ~ PTA Sponsored Family Literacy Night ~ Sign Up Now (See below)
10/31 ~ Book Character Dress Up Day
11/1 ~ Staff Development Day (Non-Student Day)
Parent Teacher Conferences ~ Coming Soon
Parent Teacher Conferences are th Week of 10/9 - 10/13. Every day that week is a MODIFIED DAY.
Teachers will send out links to electronically sign up for parent/teacher conferences on Wednesday, September 27th. Be on the lookout for this info and be sure to sign up for a conference for each of your students.
Vision & Hearing Screenings
Vision and Hearing Screenings are scheduled for 10/2 & 10/3 for all Kinder, 2nd, and 5th grade students. If you have a student in one of those grades and you would like to opt your student out of the screening, please notify Jenica Luz, LVN by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 951-302-5165 xt. 2550.
Family Literacy Night
PTA Reflections 🖌️🎨
Click the flyer to view in Spanish
Jamba Juice ~ Every Thursday
Safety at Arrival and Dismissal
Let's keep all Panthers safe at school!
When using the loop to pick up or drop off your child by car, PLEASE.....
- Only park in appropriate areas. The pick up loop can be a very busy place, especially on modified days. However, it is important to remember to only park in designated parking spaces. Please do not park along curbs that are painted red. Please do not park in handicap spots unless you have a handicap placard. If there is not parking available when you arrive, you will need to park on the street and walk to meet your child or join the pick up loop. If you are parked in these areas, you will be asked to move.
- Always use the crosswalks.
- Do not use the parking lot as an additional pick-up line. This blocks access to parking spaces, including handicap spots. If there is not an open parking spot, please pull through and go around again to look for an opening or join the loop pick up line.
- Stay in your car when using the loop. If your child needs assistance entering or exiting the car, please park in the lot and walk them to their gate.
- Move all the way forward as directed by the school staff.
- In the morning, do not wait until your child reaches the gate to pull away. Staying in the loop and watching your child walk in through the gate, slows the flow of traffic. If you would like to watch your child enter the gate, please park your car and walk your child.
- At dismissal, do not stop in the loop and wait for your child to come your direction, instead pull up when there is space to pull forward. Pull all the way forward and continue to move forward with the traffic. Your child will walk down towards you.
We appreciate your continued cooperation and patience.
Thriver Strength of the Month~Empathy
Every month at Paloma, all students will be focusing on a new Thriver Trait
from Michele Borba's book, Thrivers.
For the month of October, we will be focusing on Empathy. Throughout the month, not only will students be learning what Empathy is and what it looks like, but they will be practicing. To deepen your child's understanding of this topic and to create a strong home/school connection ask them what they are learning at school about Empathy during the next few weeks.