The Principal's Message
Crossroads South Middle School
May 25th, 2018
FROM THE PRINCIPAL...
I hope this email finds you well and preparing for a nice long weekend. We are in the final weeks of May, yet there is still so much to do before our year of learning is complete. Please review the calendars and notes below. Finally, on this Memorial Day Weekend, thank you to all of our Veterans and current service men and women for their dedication to our country.
- AFTER SCHOOL/PIERRE'S DELI: Please note that students are NOT permitted to go to Pierre's Deli/Restaurant after school. This past week, we received a call stating that several middle school students were unruly, rude, and disrespectful to staff and patrons at the Deli. They also left the seating area a mess. This is disappointing, as we value our relationship with Pierre's and we want our students to remain respectful in any setting. As a reminder, student MUST go home as typically scheduled. Even with your permission, they are not allowed to walk to the Deli. If you choose to bring them back, that is your decision, however they are not allowed to go directly from school. Thank you for your understanding and support.
- 8th GRADE RECOGNITION: The ticket order forms for our 8th Grade Recognition Ceremony were sent home with all 8th grade students. If you did not receive this letter, please let us know and we can forward a digital copy.
- 8th GRADE SEMI-FORMAL: It is not too late to register to attend the 8th grade semi-formal event on June 8th! Please submit your money to Ms. O'Mara (Alpha - Social Studies) by Tuesday, May 29th. **8th Grade Students ONLY**
- TOUR de SOUTH BRUNSWICK: CROSSROADS SOUTH needs representation!! The Education Foundation of South Brunswick has announced that registration is now open for the annual biking event on June 10th. Please register here: http://www.edfoundationsb.org and be sure to mark CROSSROADS SOUTH as your home school.
- ATTENDANCE REMINDERS: Daily attendance in school is a critical factor in the success of your child. Please do your best to minimize the number of days your child is absent from school or is taken out early for appointments. Should your child exceed the number of acceptable days absent as determined by NJ State Law, you will receive a letter from the school.
- DRESS CODE REMINDERS: As the weather gets warmer, please remember that all students must have appropriate clothing for school. Any students in violation of our dress code will be asked to change into a t-shirt or other clothes from our school nurse.
- IMPORTANT BUS NOTE: Please remember that students are only permitted to ride his/her regular bus home. You cannot go home on another bus. Our busses are full and any additional students has left others without a seat and in a potentially dangerous situation. If your child wishes to go home with another student, you must coordinate either a parent pickup at the school or a parent pickup at your house. **Bus passes can be checked for boarding.** Thank you for your understanding.
- 5/28 - NO SCHOOL - MEMORIAL DAY
- 5/30 - Vocal Ensemble Performs at Rutgers University
- 5/30 - Author Visit
- 5/31 - Luggage Drop Off - Hershey
- 6/1 - HERSHEY MUSIC TRIP
- 6/2 - HERSHEY MUSIC TRIP
- 6/4 - BOE Meeting @ 7pm
- 6/5 - PTO Meeting @ North
- 6/7 - EARLY RELEASE DAY - SCHOOL PLANNING
- 6/8 - Police Torch Run for Special Olympics
- 6/8 - 8th Grade Semi-Formal @ SBHS
- 6/11 - PATTERNS ASSEMBLY
- 6/13 - Geometry Final
- 6/14 - Incoming 5th Grade Orientation
- 6/15 - NO SCHOOL - Eid al-Fitr
- 6/18 - 8th Grade Trip
- 6/18 - PATTERNS Picnic
- 6/18 - BOE Meeting @ 7pm
- 6/19 - 8th Grade Picnic
- 6/20 - Recognition Practice
- 6/21 - EARLY RELEASE DAY
- 6/21 - 8th Grade Recognition - 6pm @ SBHS
- 6/22 - EARLY RELEASE DAY - LAST DAY OF SCHOOL!!