Buena Vista Elem School Newsletter
Dr. Agnes A-Kumi ----- Week of January 07, 2019
WEEK BEFORE WINTER BREAK & SHOUT OUTS!.
Happy New Year! I hope you all had a restful winter break with our awesome scholars. We are excited to welcome each of them back on Monday January 7, 2019. It's a new year and we have high hopes and expectations for all our students. Each student in Buena Vista is Amazing. Please, let them know that as often as possible.
- We had three great performances by our kindergarten, first and second grade students. Thanks to all our parents who were present for the amazing performances. Our Shout Outs go to our teachers who worked tirelessly with our students for each performance. The joy and sense of accomplishment on the faces of our students made all the effort worthwhile.
- Another shout out goes to all our parents who volunteered, cooked, provided craft materials for the different classrooms. Many of you went over and above what was requested. You make Buena Vista students feel special. Thank you.
- Buena Vista Attendance Drive is continuing this month also. We need students to be in school everyday. Student attendance is the number one indicator of student performance. Please continue to schedule family events and doctors visits outside the school day if possible. Thank you.
- We are still looking forward to our Saturday Academy. This will recover lost attendance and provide academic enrichment to our students.
- Our tentative date for the first academy is January 26, 2019. Read the information letter sent home with students in December.
- You will receive a student eligibility slip for your signature giving permission for your child to attend a week before we have any Saturday Academy. Return of signed eligibility slip is how students will reserve their spots.
- Students who are not eligible but seek to attend for academic enrichment will be welcomed with signed permission slips.
Coffee with the Principal
- Coffee with the Principal on Friday, December 11, 2019 at 8:30 am in the BV cafeteria..
- We will collaborate with parents to bring success to all our students.
- We have a minimum day on Wednesday, January 16, 2019. School closes for kindergarten at 12:07 pm and 12: 10 pm for 1st to 6th grade.
- Sixth Grade Catalina trip is on January 30th.