May 2-May 6
MAP Testing Information
Click below for the most up-to-date copy of the MAP test schedule. Chromebook cart assignment under the teacher name on the right hand side.
Also, please review this summary of special area classes for the six weeks of MAP testing:
Monday, May 2 and Tuesday, May 3- 4th and 5th switch special area times
Wednesday, May 4-Friday, May 6- 3rd and 5th switch special area times
Monday, May 9-Friday, May 13- No changes in special area classes
- Try to walk around areas that are testing. Think about alternate routes to take.
- Easels will be placed in hallway to signal a testing area.
- If you must walk through a testing area, students and staff should be at voice level zero.
- Do not use the bathrooms at bottom of F Hallway when easels are out at that end of the hall. Use other restrooms.
- Teachers going to Mr. Jandt for music. Consider taking a loop outside and entering at bottom of F Hallway if weather allows.
DRA Window is Opening
Here's a quick review of the Spring DRA Window expectations:
Title 1 Students:
- Carla and Kim will give the DRA to these students.
- Classroom teachers will not need to give them to Title students.
- Given between the dates of April 25- May 20.
- DRA scores must be entered in SISK12 no later than May 25.
5th grade students:
- Please proctor the DRA to 5th grade students that are reading below the grade level benchmark between the dates of April 25 - May 25.
- This information is very helpful for middle school principals and teachers, as they plan for next school year.
Sign Folders In/Out of Record Room. Keep locked if storing in classroom during the window.
BOGO Book Fair & Summer Library Information
BOGO Book Fair: Stock up for summer reading and visit out Buy One, Get One Free Book Fair. ALL items are Buy One, Get One Free. The Book Fair will be in our school library fromMonday, May 9 - Friday, May 13 from 8:05 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. Students will visit the book fair during their weekly library visit. In addition, our book fair will be open on Tuesday, May 10 from 3:30 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. so families can shop together.
Summer Library Info: Check-out books from Lakeview Library to read this summer. Students can check-out up to 10 books to read! Watch for the permission slip form to come home. In addition, mark your calendar, our library will be open this summer on June 15 and July 13 from 2:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. Students can visit the library during this time to return books and check-out new ones.
Interested in Being a Building Rep?
End of Year Checkout!!!
The Week Ahead...
Monday, May 2
1st Grade Report Card Revision- 1/2 day (AM)-only 2 LVE Reps
10:40 First Grade Virtual Field Trip to St. Louis Zoo
1:00 First Grade Virtual Field Trip to St. Louis Zoo
K-2 Collaboration-EOY Checklist Procedures (Special Area, Reading, and SPED attend one)
Lost and Found Cleaned Out
Tuesday, May 3
3rd Grade Report Card Revision- 1/2 day (AM)-only 2 LVE Reps
Wednesday, May 4
9:30 2nd Grade Weldon Spring Visit
3:40 Grade Chair Meeting
Thursday, May 5
4th Grade Report Card Revision- 1/2 day (AM)-only 2 LVE Reps
3-5 Collaboration-EOY Checklist Procedures (Special Area, Reading, and SPED attend one)
2:00 Early Childhood Building Tour
Friday, May 6
5th Grade Report Card Revision- 1/2 day (AM)-only 2 LVE Reps
You've Been Shouted Out in April:
Click Here to View: http://padlet.com/melissaarmbrust/April
Have you shouted out someone for May?
Use this as a spot to shout out the great things happening in our building. Brag on a teammate or thank a teammate. Fill yourself up with pride by reading all the great things happening at LVE. Help spread positivity...